how can find "A total waste of 6min 35seconds"

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

Postby The Wired Knight » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:29 am

PRoblem also with adding catagories is the fact that that lengthens the contest substantially. The contest runs a long time as is and by adding more catagories you lengthen it even more. AWA only picks four videos in each catagory as a result. Now I do think it is a good idea for AX to expand it's catagories and to ad more or define them better but they really need better definitions than "other" and "fun." These are far too broad and hard to define for a video that would be contained in them that could easily have been in another catagory.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Hosting sppanda

Postby Amirai » Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:52 pm

In another thread spPanda offered hosting space for reasonably sized AMVs. I know he thinks it's a one-watch-wonder, but maybe he'd still be willing to host it for ya.
Amirai

Postby fireiceguy » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:22 am

There should be a new category called "Flight of the paper planes."
fireiceguy

Postby priuscomet » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:28 am

::raises eyebrow::

....why?
priuscomet

Postby Rinny » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:17 pm

This may sound a bit naive, but why not put it out on Kazaa? You'll only have to upload it once and it'll spread out from there. The only downside is that with each download the vid will be a little less "yours"... cause people will start putting things like "Anime" and "Lain" as the artist... but it's worth a try, anyway... ._.
Rinny

Postby FurryCurry » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:20 pm

Hey, maybe the guy in this thread will host it.
My Eyes Are The Victim's Eyes.
My Hands Are The Assailant's Hands.
FurryCurry

Postby Ikasu » Mon Jul 29, 2002 5:32 pm

Xstylus: Do you think there is anyway I can get a hold of a way to contact you besides my e-mail address?....I think my e-mail address is a bit odd since for some reason I don't receive most e-mails I believe...AIM...ICQ...MSN Messner...Yahoo Messenger?...Anything...I wait for your reply....

-Kamran Ahmadi
Ikasu

Postby XStylus » Sun Aug 04, 2002 6:38 pm

Rinny wrote:This may sound a bit naive, but why not put it out on Kazaa? You'll only have to upload it once and it'll spread out from there. The only downside is that with each download the vid will be a little less "yours"... cause people will start putting things like "Anime" and "Lain" as the artist... but it's worth a try, anyway... ._.

The video will only become 'less mine' if people edit out the simple 5 second intro at the start of it which states my name, studio name, and name of the video. Then they'd have to recompress it which would cause picture quality degredation. Plus, the video ITSELF has my name on the very first line. "XStylus: Hello." "Hiya, X." They'd have to do a lot of work to edit that little bit out, and if they're THAT desparate to claim bragging rights on my video, fine. Whatever makes em' happy.

And aside from that, I don't use Kazaa. I use WinMX. And even if I did use Kazaa and hosted my video, my upload speed is equivalent to a 14.4 modem. I HAVE places to send my video to. What I don't have is the bandwidth to SEND it.

HOWEVER...

Using a computer at college I managed to uploaded to a site, but that site has a file-transfer cap and after a mess of downloads that cap will get blown, so right now I will offer it to people by request ONLY. Email me at ranma@abac.com for the site URL and I will send it to you if I have not hit the bandwidth cap yet. IF you're willing to mirror it, EMAIL ME!
XStylus

Postby Castor Troy » Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:02 pm

I will email you in a bit Troy...
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby XStylus » Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:49 pm

The video is now available for download.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=9238
XStylus

Postby Castor Troy » Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:12 pm

Cool, looks like I don't need to host it after all.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby XStylus » Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:38 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Cool, looks like I don't need to host it after all.

No no no, I'll gladly take more site hosts if you wish to volunteer... ^v^
XStylus

Previous

Return to General AMV