how can find "A total waste of 6min 35seconds"

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

how can find "A total waste of 6min 35seconds"

Postby ASHLER » Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:28 pm

is there a download for "A total waste of 6min 35seconds" by Troy Williams :?:
ASHLER

Postby seph fan girl » Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:31 pm

Image Image Image Image um...dont know... sorry ::bows::
Image Image Image Image Image
seph fan girl

Postby jbone » Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:41 pm

Perform a search for it and you'll find out.
jbone

Postby seph fan girl » Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:15 pm

o...k...
Image Image Image Image Image
seph fan girl

Postby SpPANDA » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:38 pm

its only good the first time you see it.

after that... it's a chore to watch.
SpPANDA

Postby The Wired Knight » Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:32 am

Troy can't get them online just yet. The only way people have it is if you have a copy of his CD from AX.
The Wired Knight

Postby Nobuyuki » Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:55 am

I took my camcorder in and got the whole thing on tape, but I was laughing too damned hard to get a steady shot. Says something about the vid, though.. ^_^
Nobuyuki

Well, right now ya' CAN'T download it.

Postby XStylus » Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:10 am

Right now you can't get it because I haven't been able to upload it anywhere, nor do I have the bandwidth to do so.

I'm limited to a 56k modem which strangely uploads at speeds only slightly faster than a 9600bps modem. Plus, I don't have anywhere to host my AMV. Well... actually, that's a lie; I do, but with the amount of times it'll be downloaded, I fear that it'll rocket his site-hosting fees through the roof, so I prefer to find an alternative.
XStylus

Postby Nobuyuki » Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:06 pm

AX2002 was my first con, and got a chance to see some really interesting exhibits and events over the weekend, but hands down, the one experience I will remember is your video at the Masquerade.

I was crying with laughter.

You made Lain a comedy piece. That's enough merit this video to begin with. But the "Pop up" style, the references to the valuables of AMV's, and especially the closing message.. I hope people understood that.. Ahh.. Damn, that's good stuff! And everything flowed with Groove Armada, a band which is comedic in itself. Ah! This is my inspiration for how I want to make videos.

The best music video I've ever seen, anime or otherwise. Congratulations!

Oh, and don't worry about rushing the vid, whenever you could get it online would be very cool.

Late!
~Nobu~
Nobuyuki

Postby XStylus » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:05 am

Nobuyuki wrote:AX2002 was my first con, and got a chance to see some really interesting exhibits and events over the weekend, but hands down, the one experience I will remember is your video at the Masquerade.

AX2002 was your first con? I'm sorry to hear that.

In any case, this year was by no means a true representation of the awesomeness of an AMV contest. If you enjoyed the contest at AX2002, then future ones will just blow you away.

But I'm glad you enjoyed my video. ^v^

You made Lain a comedy piece. That's enough merit this video to begin with. But the "Pop up" style, the references to the valuables of AMV's, and especially the closing message.. I hope people understood that..

One of the curses of a person creating a video is that they never have the ability to enjoy their own work since they've likely seen it so many times that they're sick of it, with ATW6:35 being doubly true since it has no replay value.

But I got a load of entertainment seeing the rather colorful reactions on people I was sitting next to, and I wouldn't give that up for anything in the world. By the end of the video, I did indeed consider myself throughly entertained.

Ahh.. Damn, that's good stuff! And everything flowed with Groove Armada, a band which is comedic in itself. Ah! This is my inspiration for how I want to make videos.

Well, I do have one rather vocal critic who is frothing mad at my video, and absolutely insists that it has no place in the AMV contest at all.

I am seriously considering making another such video just to prove her wrong. If she thought ATW6:35 was bad... ...she'll want my head on a pike after seeing what I have planned next, if I go through with it.

And I'll have a loving dedication at the beginning of it specifically for her, too.

The best music video I've ever seen, anime or otherwise. Congratulations!

I wouldn't exactly call it the best video, oh no no no. There are much better videos out there. I will consider mine to be the most clever and original video in a VERY long time, but definitely not the best. I can think of several creators who merit that title more than I. Tim Park, Kevin Caldwell, Eric Kobet... just to name a few. If you're new to the AMV scene, I recomend that you look up a few of their videos.

Oh, and don't worry about rushing the vid, whenever you could get it online would be very cool.

Well, I have a 40mb DIVX file of my AMV ready to be uploaded somewhere. The problem is that I have no-where to put it, and even if I did, it'll only upload at 1kbps max, and I would **LOVE** to know why my modem will only upload that fast. It's not my ISP either. It does this on 4 different ISPs. It's been doing this for 4 years now. Maybe it's the modem...
XStylus

Postby Castor Troy » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:23 am

Well, I do have one rather vocal critic who is frothing mad at my video, and absolutely insists that it has no place in the AMV contest at all.

I am seriously considering making another such video just to prove her wrong. If she thought ATW6:35 was bad... ...she'll want my head on a pike after seeing what I have planned next, if I go through with it.

And I'll have a loving dedication at the beginning of it specifically for her, too.

You and me both... *cough*isitsomeonewhosnamestartswithan"a"*cough*
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby XStylus » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:38 am

Castor Troy wrote:
You and me both... *cough*isitsomeonewhosnamestartswithan"a"*cough*

I'm not going to make any pretenses of hiding it. I'm talking about Vampire Anneke.

It's Not that I have anything against her. I honestly don't. She has a point which she's trying to make, and I respect it. I disagree with her though, and I am making my disagreement known by simply making (maybe) another such video.

Although if I do send it to AX, I will insist that it be placed in a new category. I do agree with Anneke's point that it is a parody, but I disagree with her opinion that such videos don't have a place in AMV competitions. They -do-. 'Right Now' by Tim Park and 'Eva/StarWars Epsisode 1' by Brad DeMoss proved that time and again.
XStylus

Postby SpPANDA » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:04 am

i forgot what the video looked like...
SpPANDA

Postby Castor Troy » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:06 am

I heard besides the new "fun" category, a 5th one might be added. I'm guessing on "other".
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby XStylus » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:55 am

Castor Troy wrote:I heard besides the new "fun" category, a 5th one might be added. I'm guessing on "other".

That's just a rumor, mind you. Unfortunately, I'm the one that started that rumor. Don't go touting it as fact just yet. The 4th category is still technically in flux too.

The 'FUN' category could likely (notice I didn't say *will*) remain for the solitary reason of there being a need for a 'None of the above' category for all the crap that doesn't fit anywhere else. It simply makes sense. BUT, nothing is set in stone.

AX is VERY willing to add new categories. The problem is that no-one sends in videos meant to spur new categories, and no-one WANTS to send in videos that spur new categories because they're afraid it would be booted because it's not one of the 3 main categories. Hence, Catch-22. If I create another ATW6:35 video and INSIST that it be put in a separate category and if it truly is different enough that it deserves its own category, AX is willing to consider doing so, depending on the situation. How it would be voted on would be one hell of a story though.

What few know is that a 5th non-competing category was almost shown this year. One of the primary rules is that AMVs must be based on Anime. There were several video game music videos sent to AX this year, but video games do not count as Anime. However, several of them were quite good, and the staff wanted to show them off as a kind of buffer after the initial three (and-a-half) main categories were shown, but before the final voting. They would not qualify for a prize of any kind and were simply for exhibition, intended to 'wash the palette' of sorts before the final voting. Unfortunately, since things were running way late in getting videos recompiled, there simply wasn't time to recompile those too, so that idea got thrown out the window.

In the end, the categories that AX creates are all based on what different flavors of AMVs they receive. Those categories will only get created if someone steps forward and starts creating something new and different. Who knows... after the fiasco over ATW6:35, maybe one of the new categories will be an official 'Parody' category! Ya' never know.
XStylus

Next

Return to General AMV