*hides from it*
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:43 am

Garylisk wrote::shock: DUDE! HSIEN! WTF is up with your avatar!!!? :shock:

*hides from it*
It's Paizuri. Learn to love him, because he's not going away, no matter how many times I kick him down my staircase.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:27 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:
Garylisk wrote::shock: DUDE! HSIEN! WTF is up with your avatar!!!? :shock:

*hides from it*
It's Paizuri. Learn to love him, because he's not going away, no matter how many times I kick him down my staircase.
What can I say? I'm hyperactive. But you know what? I. GET. KNOCKED. DOWN. But I get up again! :D

NPC3000
Org Profile

Post by NPC3000 » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:46 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:BTW - in case you missed it, I am NOT leaving, and am not sure why people thought I was.
Nice to know you're not leaving too Hsien, that last post was getting me worried! :D

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:47 pm

*L* Wait to go *L* My comp is still dead >< I'm borrowing a friends right now :( I *pray* that my hard drive did not die ^^

But I will have to wait and saee..too many good AMV projects on it ^^; I should know soon ^^

Anyway I like the new boards and *waves and hugs* Hi hi everyone ^^

Sub0
Org Profile

Re: Woop dee dooo :p

Post by Sub0 » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:49 pm

klinky wrote:The thing is I don't really care if people leave.

I do care if people cry and want sympathy before doing so.

"If you want to leave.... then leave now" <---- Gendo-time.

Everyone deals and dishes the same shit here. If it's too hot to handle for you then it's time to pack up and leave. This has happened atleast a couple times since I've been here.. Grrrrrrr.

Maboroshi, I like your videos and all, but as for you actually "hanging out" here, I've hardly ever seen you. It's kinda like saying "Iam leaving", but not actually ever being here. Yes Yes. People are busy, people have things to do. It's easier to just leave then post about how you're thinking about leaving.

No one really holds much weight around here. The only real person who can make a difference is Phade. Someone leaving by saying that there are too many meanies on the forum isn't going to get the point across or make the meanies go away.

EK = good artist, does it mean I care if she doesn't want to stick around, no.....

I just don't see the point in these posts..

~klinky
good point, hehehe Gendo time...

I *MIGHT* miss EK, others will miss her moreso, some will just miss big big truck! :wink:

But other than Mabaroshi's vids I haven't seen him much... coarse I usually just stick around a few forums but I've seen EK alot. Anyway, I'm gonna miss EK... And I like Ermacs pov (for once)

Sub0
Org Profile

Post by Sub0 » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:34 pm

"I had a quote from Puni put I lost it...."

everybody does a little amount of looking for sympathy, it's human nature (maybe the greatest thing that makes you think Melphina is a bit too human imo -yech!-) just point it out once and pass on... anything else would be as elitist as getting pissed at reviews!

And you see Klinky's post as rude... kinda' makes you feel sorry about Mab, all these bruises for walking out into the information super highway, though he looked for cars... but without his glasses ;-p.
MaboroshiStudio wrote:Punistation,
what I was getting at was doing away with current reviewing and get more to the basics which is having the amvs catalogued very much like you even pointed out. I am not going to get into a charcater debate here as well since that will accomplish nothing.
wrong forum man....
MaboroshiStudio wrote: I think you might have saw my comments coming off as elitest and I can see why, but you have taken things way out of context to make it seem like I said things I didn't. My problem was with the current reviewing system and that I think a better alternative solution could be devised. I don't like the idea of creator only voting (I agree this is very elitest and not a solution) and maybe Phade should amend some of the changes he has made in the past. Originally, he had it so you could vote and leave no feedback... he changed that so people wouldn't be giving out overglorified reviews with no content, but of course that didn't stop people since now they usually say great or prefect.

I also didn't mean give an ultimatum and don't expect Phade to bend to my will... as if. I was making comments on why I was considering leaving and suggestions. I also have personal reasons to take a step back away from a-m-v.org since I just don't have the time and don't even have my website / videos up currently. So why don't you not make assumptions about what I meant... and if you saw it coming off as a ultimatum I apologize since that wasn't my intention. If you disagree with me fine and try to debate about it without resorting flame tatics. I agree my comments were a bit rash and while talking with Machine more after I posted I really didn't like the idea of creator only and thumb fan reviews.

I also was opening the subject up for debate... not that what I thought was law. I was throwing ideas out there and opening up debate so that people could share their views. I don't appreciate how you have attacked me in the manner as you have vs asking for clarification first of what I was getting at... I might have worded it poorly, but you have taken this really personally obviously so much that you had to flame me and I apologize for offending you. Also, in no way was I directing my comments towards reviewers that actually put effort into it. I know I have been bad myself not responding to all of my reviews. As far as not valuing reviews from people I don't know it is hard honestly to accept a review from a total stranger. I didn't say always (as you would have people believe) since I have had some very insight reviews from people I don't know that have made me look at things in a different light.

I would just like to see reviews with actual comments and what I said on worship reviews was talk about reviews with no content and perfect 10s... now if you are defending that style of reviewing that is your opinion (note I am not saying this is what you meant), but don't make it out like I am an elitest for bringing this point up. I hope this clears things up a little bit and hope you accept my apology.

Joe

paladine
Org Profile

Post by paladine » Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:09 pm

I'm sorry to hear that everyone is leaving. it's even sadder because of te reasons why.

Before this site i heard of very few people who did AMVs. They included all the big names that everyone has come to know an love. I even put up a site for a short time, but took it down simply because i didn't care to spend the time to maintain it.

This site has provided a valuable means of communication, outside of the Cons for people who love anime and most of all AMVs.

i think that the rating system isn't perfect I don't think that leaving is the answer. i also think that your setting your hopes too high by expecting "constructive criticism" from all the people all of the time. it's unfair to expect constructive criticism from anyone whom you don't know will give you the kind of criticism you are looking for.

We all started off as fans, enjoying someone elses' AMV. Some of us it's obvious take AMV making a lot more seriously than the majority. But most of this community are fans that just love to watch anime and AMVs.

it is dissapointing that very few people on this forum truly love to make AMVs with the depth and though that you'd like or even at the very least with a little creativity, but in reality, i think that there is very little that can sway the mind of an AMV creeator. He is a slave to his vision in so far as he can make it visible on screen. Only someone of equal caliber in the eyes if the creator can share, understand and develop that vision to it's full potential.

so what's my point?

Don't expect everyne to think the same whay you do. you have to pick and choose who you listen to. As long as you're true to your ideals are you're visions and creatins won't be tainted by the mindless dribble of the masses.

You all know this, why all the fuss? We should be debating on what kind of system we would find more effective and usefull.(i don't think one exists tough) but it's worth a shot right?

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:19 pm

hmmm, this post still going? well, just in case you wondering. rat in a cage by smashing pumpkins is a great song. so stop stomping shrooms in your basement freakin' hippies.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Re: In words I hear you still whispering/Your face is so unc

Post by FirestormXIII » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:21 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote: Sorry Firestorm, talking on AIM yesterday, EK officially dubbed me keeper of the dancing dino.
NOOOOOOOO!!!

Well, can I have 'The Edge' then? (Wishes he knew EK's IM name so he could ask her)

Return to “General AMV”