When did you go to non-linear AMV editing from linear?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

When did you go to non-linear AMV editing from linear?

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:35 am

OK, here is a question for all those who used linear methods to made AMVs in the past, when did you start using digital non-linear equipment (computers)

I started in early 1998 when I bought my first capture card, a Bravado 2000 PC card. I used Premiere 4.1 that cam with it and my first AMV I did was a re-make of my 1994 Akira video....

Vlad

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:37 am

Well I doubt many people here have used the linear method. I used it in high school back in 96-97 with a mixer, that had start in and stop points, transistions and such (aw crap I forgot to preroll, *kicks*). In college 98-99 they had this non-linear machine called the casablanca, which was solely used for editing, and needed a hard drive that was pushed into it like a diskdrive. I discovered premire when I didn't have time to make it to school to sign-up and use the casablanca.

Nightowl
Org Profile

Post by Nightowl » Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:48 pm

I believe sometime in 1997, perhaps 96... possibly earlier, I could be wrong. I had a slow capture card - ATI's first consumer capture card, as a matter of fact - and had to work with severe limitations. Kids these days... they get their firewire and their 120 gig hard drives... try cutting a short film on a 500 meg hard drive! Back when shit was truly expensive...

-N

Return to “General AMV”