Rule Clarification Requested

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
The Micahangelo
Org Profile

Rule Clarification Requested

Post by The Micahangelo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:42 am

It had long been my understanding that videos uploaded to this site had to contain primarily anime content, but recently I came across a video that only listed a single American animation in its content. Was this a mistake, or would I be allowed to load USAMVs now?

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:45 am

as long as the video contains /mostly/ anime... its not breaking the rules... if you find a video that is not anime then you should report it so it is taken down.

Pwolf

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:52 am

Perhaps you could share the link for us, or tell us what the content is specifically?

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:35 pm

You're not. Report it here. And if this was a veiled "wah wah everyone's doing it why can't I," please hit yourself in the head five times and then get some fresh air.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:03 pm

A clarification on what is considered anime can be found at :

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=63288

Please PM the link if the video in question and I'll take a look at the listed sources...

The anime listing is huge and in the past different people and rules were used for confirmation so some things might of been approved that shouldn't be by the standards we now use...

Vlad

The Micahangelo
Org Profile

Post by The Micahangelo » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:00 am

SarahtheBoring wrote:You're not. Report it here. And if this was a veiled "wah wah everyone's doing it why can't I," please hit yourself in the head five times and then get some fresh air.
Ha ha! Tell ya what: the moment I think the difference between Japanese and American animation is something worth going "wah, wah" over, I'll give ya a call.

I kid. Anywhoo, I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, I just wanted to know if there had been a change in policy since I had been gone for three years. Quick follow up question: if I were to make a video that was entirely American footage, but was set to an anime song, would that be permissible? That might have been what the listings I saw were doing.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:24 am

The Micahangelo wrote:Quick follow up question: if I were to make a video that was entirely American footage, but was set to an anime song, would that be permissible?
No. The song don't enter into it. <s>'E's stone dead.</s>
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Poetic_Kaos
Org Profile

The truth hurst.

Post by Poetic_Kaos » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:40 am

You see Gainax, the makers of the oh so popular show Naruto, has been bought by Disney. Now that a Japanese company has changed both ownership and nationality, Naruto is no longer allowed on the Org. So I would go ahead and report the video to the admin. I am also going through the database flagging each Naruto video. It is a tough job but someone has to do it.
"Kaos is the single most essential element to existence. Without conflict, without struggle, all of creation might as well be so many unmoving, unfeeling stones."

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:02 am

but gainax doesn't do naruto... THATS A LIE! YOU LIED TO US!

Pwolf

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:34 am

O.O

theres goes all my future plans for a naruto video O.o

*sigh*... maybe i should shuffle them away with my Harry Potter videos O.o

Return to “General AMV”