Opions about originality

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:16 pm

(NERD Studios) Arturo wrote:The biggest improvement that I think most people could make in their opinion-giving is to outline why they gave all the numerical ratings that they did somewhere in the text of the opinion, probably in the general comments. Originality is just one of the often unexplained numbers that an opinion giver will throw at you. I've often wondered what different people's standards for capture are as well...
People don't explain why they give certain scores? That's odd, as I do so in every one of the opinions I give. I also can't recall anyone who's given me a review not explaining why either.

/Methinks more people should read the opinions guide.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:11 pm

FirestormXIII wrote:People don't explain why they give certain scores? That's odd, as I do so in every one of the opinions I give. I also can't recall anyone who's given me a review not explaining why either.

/Methinks more people should read the opinions guide.
I do as well. It's always good to give at least a sentence to each category explaining why it scored that way. :D

projecto2501
Org Profile

Post by projecto2501 » Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:45 am

I agree, my Eva video got a 4 for originality from some jackass because "it used the same dozen sceens as all the others." Well, excuse me, and kindly show me a decent video that doesn't.

Eek-1
Org Profile

Post by Eek-1 » Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:22 am

Then, there are some people who used the opinion feature to rant about something that had nothing to do with the video itself.

Why? To improve your opinion score? =P

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:33 am

To make a long story short, I judge all the vids that I see on a case by case basis.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

Sub0
Org Profile

Post by Sub0 » Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:25 pm

Hate to be the asshole here but I don't need no guide to tell me how to give opinions, unlike making videos. That opinion guide is an opinion in itself. :lol:

Bluemantis
Org Profile

Post by Bluemantis » Thu Nov 21, 2002 7:06 pm

No one is saying how opions should be given, just how we personally feel on the subject. This is more like a survey than an instruction manual.

Eek-1
Org Profile

Post by Eek-1 » Thu Nov 21, 2002 7:15 pm

Indeed, but we have to really understand the criteria before we can actually give an opinion. That's why there are tooltips and the opinion guide.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Fri Nov 22, 2002 1:38 pm

Sub0 wrote:Hate to be the asshole here but I don't need no guide to tell me how to give opinions, unlike making videos. That opinion guide is an opinion in itself. :lol:
I don't use the guide either, I devised my own style of writing reviews. But some people don't have the foggiest idea about how to write a review, or even where to start. That's who the guide is for.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:31 pm

FirestormXIII wrote:
Sub0 wrote:Hate to be the asshole here but I don't need no guide to tell me how to give opinions, unlike making videos. That opinion guide is an opinion in itself. :lol:
I don't use the guide either, I devised my own style of writing reviews. But some people don't have the foggiest idea about how to write a review, or even where to start. That's who the guide is for.
There's a guide??? Oh well, I prefer as you do to write them in my own style. Generally I like to think I leave thourghough ones for people so I try to be specific on my comments and I avoid slanderous phrases such as "this video suck" and limit myself to saying if something is poor and why I think it is that way. Course almost all the reviews I leave are positive because only the stuff I like is kept on my hard drive for more than a month.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “General AMV”