Your most difficult challenge...

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
stormybaka
Org Profile

Post by stormybaka » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:55 am

SSJV wrote:And if anyone's seen it, you KNOW how hard it is to watch over and over again...
Try listening to Looney Tunes over and over again... :shock: It's like it is still playing...ARGGHHH!...

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:16 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:since it was my first time straying from the lifted skirt of WMM and trying to learn Adobe Premiere.
:lol: LIFTED SKIRT!!! GENIUS!!! *Awards MJ 10 points*

The video I'm working on now is currently my hardest. It's gonna be a miniAMV, with a lot of learning in it.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Aetherfukz
Org Profile

Post by Aetherfukz » Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:51 pm

Well, I have to admit, my most difficult challenge is now converting the DVD vobs to low quality MJPEGs. The avis just wont work, and I've encoded it already 3 times :cry:

Vancore
Org Profile

Post by Vancore » Sat Nov 23, 2002 12:17 am

The Hardest AMV for me to make was "The Wickity Wild West" my Trigun vid. My first vid required me to learn a lot of stuff in adobe and synching and ripping and planning and basically requireing a lot of work to stray from releasing something I'd be ashamed to show anybody 6 months after I released it. It came out as good if not better then I first imagined it and 6 months later I'm still happy with the final outcome of that 8 month work project. Albit the image quality is a bit dated now, it was considered great when I converted it the first time (If I had only avoided that computer crash that deleted my files..).
Planning out some scenes were very hard as well as trying to get them to sync right with the music (I think I used a scene from every ep in my search). Having a small HD didn't help much in this case either as I couldn't keep the VOBs for long and was constantly downloading entire eps just to grab one certain scene I thought would sync well.
Anyway, I would consider that first work to be the hardest AMV so far since the one's I'm working on now seem so much easier to do now. I doubt I'll ever do something as challenging as my first one again, no matter how many cuts or planning is needed. No wait, I take that back, theres always something that can be harder, tougher, and take longer to do than anything previously attempted, depending if you commit yourself to do just that. One thing I can honestly say is the Tech for making AMV's has much improved since I started out so that takes a load off ones mind. Having a bigger HD helps too :)

Eek-1
Org Profile

Post by Eek-1 » Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:00 pm

Editing DVD sourced clips on a very slow computer, and limited HD space & RAM.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:30 pm

Like ek1, one of my challenges is a lack of HD space.

The other one is not being lazy and actually editing a video. :(
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

Return to “General AMV”