Stupidest amv mistake ever made?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:47 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:wow that sucks :( mine just lost me about 3 hours of work...
I'm just glad it was ONLY the memory when she stepped on the power strip. I was like "OH MY GOD, IT WON'T POST! WHAT DID YOU DO!? IS THIS REVENGE BECAUSE I NAMED YOU 'DIVX'!?"

So I was looking at the diagnostic LEDS as it tried to boot, it was apparently failing at them memory check. I borrowed some RAM and it was working agian. I havn't replaced it yet but this month my tax return will cover a whole 2GB of memory baby. :3

But it could have been so much worse. If she had killed the proc or the motherboard or both I think I would have died.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:16 am

SparkFireX wrote:hey how do u download these amvs? its freaking hard to download this stupid shit
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... r/down.htm

trythil
is
Org Profile

Re: Stupidest amv mistake ever made?

Post by trythil » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:20 am

James Sharp wrote:Ever spent 10 hours and edited about 300 images in a row. to show umm lets say transparency in the pupil of any eye opening so you could show a clip through the eyes.. ever get finished and say "FINNALLY!!!!"? then have you ever realized that you saved them in the wrong file formate to show transparency (aka. Targa)
Targa files support alpha channel data.

Your applications just suck.

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:46 am

Stupidest mistake... hmm... my latest video... I got everything done, and for the credits, I decided to just use simple fading of images of typed letters (because the in-built text overlays of my editor suck), and all the credits and special thanks and all were done... and then I realised I forgot to put my name in there somewhere... meh... As you can see, my mistakes aren't very stupid at all :lol:

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:49 am

Editing a portion of a video with fansubs to see if my idea would work, then editing the video once I got the dvds only to find I forgot to deinterlace well into my editing. On the third time editing everything was perfect...

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:06 am

There was that one time where I edited an entire video at 11.988 FPS and failed to realize it until I was halfway done.

And then I decided that actually fixing the issue was too much effort, and just worked with it. It looks hella choppy, but it compresses nice!

Eek-1
Org Profile

Post by Eek-1 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:13 am

Accidentally reformat my harddrive in a DOS6 setup to dual boot with Win98. Didn't realize dos couldn't detect more than 2gig capacity.

Lost 2 video & last ever copy of Premiere4

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:46 am

Tried to force a video, heh.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:39 am

Forgeting to hit the "Deinterlace when speed is below 100%" button.

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:53 am

my stupidest amv mistake...

the worst..

probably...

having made an amv at all :/

i still loves ya.

Return to “General AMV”