Podcasting...

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Indygo
Org Profile

Podcasting...

Post by Indygo » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:29 pm

A Sidenote from the Poster:
Hi, I'm new here and just want you to know this is my first post. So I'm please asking not to be used as target practice. Thank you and much regard and consideration.

Anyway I was looking around the site (it's nice by the way). I was wondering if podcasting would be something you guys would be interested in...

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:37 pm

No introductions posts -> rulez

podcasting... right... no idea...

*loads his flametrower*

Coderjo
Org Profile

Post by Coderjo » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:41 pm

Podcasting:
Wikipedia wrote:Podcasting is a term used to describe a collection of technologies for automatically distributing audio programs over the Internet using a publisher/subscriber model. It differs from earlier online delivery of audio or video because it automatically transfers the digital media files to the user's computer for later use. Podcasting enables independent producers to create self-published, syndicated "shows," and gives broadcast radio or television programs a new distribution method.

Any digital audio player or computer with audio-playing software can play podcasts. From the earliest RSS-enclosure tests in 2000 and 2001, feeds have been used to deliver video files as well as audio, and other media such as photographs and text are transferable by podcast. The term "cast", however, still refers largely to audio distribution.

Podcasting's essence is about creating content (audio or video) for an audience that wants to listen when they want, where they want, and how they want.
(from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcasting )

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:47 pm

Podcasing what exactly? Another Radio show?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:57 pm

Well, yeah... a Mac version of another audio/video streaming method...

Undertow
Org Profile

Re: Podcasting...

Post by Undertow » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:19 pm

Indygo wrote: Anyway I was looking around the site (it's nice by the way). I was wondering if podcasting would be something you guys would be interested in...
Why? We can download the videos from the site and watch them on the PC/Mac, why would we want to podcast them too?

DeinReich
Org Profile

Post by DeinReich » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:42 pm

I think that if AMV Radio ever went back up and running again, it would make a terrific podcast (which I posted in that forum before), but of course without the extra music.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:12 am

Undertow wrote:
Indygo wrote: Anyway I was looking around the site (it's nice by the way). I was wondering if podcasting would be something you guys would be interested in...
Why? We can download the videos from the site and watch them on the PC/Mac, why would we want to podcast them too?
Podcasting, by definition, is only a method for downloading audio (as was pointed out above) so any poscasting would be of a spoken word model like a radio show or interview as hosting downloadable songs would simply be illegal and completely against the point of this site.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:53 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Podcasting, by definition, is only a method for downloading audio
Well, shit. You'd better contact these guys, then.
Undertow wrote:
Podcasting is clearly The Next Big Thing, and it's also a buzzword. Therefore, even if there is no utility gained from us having a podcast, we've got to have one anyway.

CHAMELEON_D_H
Org Profile

Post by CHAMELEON_D_H » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:34 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:....Podcasting, by definition, is only a method for downloading audio...
Quiet, they'll hear you.... :roll:
Before asking, THINK!!! Have you read The Guides, consulted The Wiki and watched The Corn?

Return to “General AMV”