People blaming me :(

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Ray Stanz
Org Profile

People blaming me :(

Post by Ray Stanz » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:51 pm

In the last time people blame me for making AMVs that don´t work :(. But it works fine it´s normal Xvid but they wrote that it didn´t work. So they shouldn´t just donwload it and say it´s a cheat just because they do not have DivX codec on their pc´s. The next and worse problem is that the Text of my Vid tells about that but they didn´t read it they just blamed me via the Quick Comment funtion :(.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=178308
Saying 'This is my first AMV' is no excuse for a short comment.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:23 pm

Their loss. If it really bothers you, you can always encode MPEG-1 versions of your videos and offer them for download; those will play on anything (within bounds of reason).
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Solaria735
Org Profile

Re: People blaming me :(

Post by Solaria735 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:25 pm

Ray Stanz wrote:In the last time people blame me for making AMVs that don´t work :(. But it works fine it´s normal Xvid but they wrote that it didn´t work. So they shouldn´t just donwload it and say it´s a cheat just because they do not have DivX codec on their pc´s. The next and worse problem is that the Text of my Vid tells about that but they didn´t read it they just blamed me via the Quick Comment funtion :(.
It's happened to me too, and I'm sure many others here have received the same type of comment. A lot of people won't bother to read the video info, even if you clearly state what codec your video uses.

If it's just in a QC, it's best to ignore it since you can't do anything about it anyway. If it's in an opinion though, you could always contact the person who left it and tell them which codec to use and ask them to change it.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:28 am

I am still waiting for a reply option to QCs... cause responding to them in my journal isnt really much of a help...

Plus it would be nice to know who left me some of those comments :P

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:35 am

JaddziaDax wrote:I am still waiting for a reply option to QCs... cause responding to them in my journal isnt really much of a help...

Plus it would be nice to know who left me some of those comments :P
If you knew who it was, and could reply, that's about same as an opinion, except without the scores and with longer comments. Although, heh, I get longer QCs than I do opinions sometimes.

Do we really need to put the admins through all of that extra coding so that we could have a smaller version of the opinions system?
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:55 am

Yeah, I got one where they gave me a 10 for sound, a 5 overall, and a 1 for everything else, and then they were all like "I can only hear the audio!" o__O

Why the hell would you rate a video you haven't seen yet? Oh yeah it's the internet.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:32 pm

well if not a reply option, maybe an identification option so I can atleast PM them with a "thankyou"

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:58 am

Hell I got people Not being able to play my MPEG2s ... then say in the QC "It wouldn't play so i have to give you a one". ?? man ones are usually reserved from me for videos far worse than just a blank screen. :)

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:35 am

hey at least you didn't get quick comments that say "Hmm..."

yes. thats all it said. "hmm..."

I got a good laugh.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:55 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:Hell I got people Not being able to play my MPEG2s ... then say in the QC "It wouldn't play so i have to give you a one". ?? man ones are usually reserved from me for videos far worse than just a blank screen. :)
I have the feeling that it must be recommended <i>somewhere</i> that you don't use MPEG-2 for distribution for this very reason.

Of course, you can still put a very visible link to ffdshow in your video info and recommend installing that if the viewer doesn't have an MPEG-2 codec already, and then they have no excuse.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “General AMV”