AMVs mentioned on TWiT

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:53 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:
SarahtheBoring wrote:People, chill about the "kid" thing. "Kid" is a moving target; to some people over 30, anyone under 30 is a "kid." It often means "young person," not "child." I get comments at work about being too young to remember or know about blah blah blah (which I usually DO know about, thank you), and I'm old enough to be your mom.
Kinda like how I call 17 year olds old, 15 year olds young, and people 6 foot 3 short.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:39 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:People, chill about the "kid" thing. "Kid" is a moving target; to some people over 30, anyone under 30 is a "kid." It often means "young person," not "child." I get comments at work about being too young to remember or know about blah blah blah (which I usually DO know about, thank you), and I'm old enough to be your mom.
I was just playing around with the kid thing lol.

Lost n Hurt
Org Profile

Post by Lost n Hurt » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:04 pm

Hmmm....So they call us creative but then tells us what we are doing is illgeal....Don'tcha just love Backhanded compliments. Honestly they are just jealouse. As for me I'm 17 and consider myself still a child...as for the editting thing. I do amvs on my own time at home but comics and writing is were my heart lies.
Love of the month: Aya and Tooya
AKA: houshi-sama (Orangeanime.com)

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:26 pm

Lost n Hurt wrote:Hmmm....So they call us creative but then tells us what we are doing is illgeal.
It's not a backhand comment. He's implying that AMVs shouldn't be illegal.

Mugik
Org Profile

Post by Mugik » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:32 am

*Listens to program*

Here's the central theme: They believe that too many laws encourage crime. In this case, they're saying that all these regulations saying "Don't use our footage to make your videos!" are causing us to say "Screw it, we're doing it anyway." We're being forced into illegal actions by overly restrictive laws. If this is true, then it's the laws, not our behavior that is at fault.

The quote I found interesting - 23:59-24:14 : "When Napster was at it's most popular, CD sales were on the rise, and when Napster was cut off those sales dropped like a rocket...part of it was because when you were on Napster you would go to someone else's library and see a whole bunch of other cool stuff...that you didn't KNOW about!" The same is true for AMVs - we're giving very obscure animes much needed exposure, at no cost to their creators. That economic effect is being ignored.

ifihadaninja
Org Profile

Post by ifihadaninja » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:09 am

JaddziaDax wrote:[LOL... to me "kid" is all the 14-17 yearolds on this site... and a good number of the 20-22 yearolds... lol.. and its weird when someone calls me a kid but its nice to hear once in a while mostly because I get sick of the REAL kids calling me old.. wtf is up with that? hahaha
hah, you left out 18 and 19 year old people. sucker.

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:17 am

Mugik wrote:The same is true for AMVs - we're giving very obscure animes much needed exposure, at no cost to their creators. That economic effect is being ignored.
What economic effect? If they're really so good, why hasn't anyone heard of them?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:10 am

requiett wrote:
Mugik wrote:The same is true for AMVs - we're giving very obscure animes much needed exposure, at no cost to their creators. That economic effect is being ignored.
What economic effect? If they're really so good, why hasn't anyone heard of them?
Poor advertising? Though really I can't think of many obscure titles that have gotten a lot of exposure through AMVs. Except maybe <i>The Place Promised In Our Early Days</i>, but I'm sure someone will tell me that either the movie isn't obscure or it hasn't had a lot of AMV exposure. It's just the impression that I get.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:18 am

ifihadaninja wrote:
JaddziaDax wrote:[LOL... to me "kid" is all the 14-17 yearolds on this site... and a good number of the 20-22 yearolds... lol.. and its weird when someone calls me a kid but its nice to hear once in a while mostly because I get sick of the REAL kids calling me old.. wtf is up with that? hahaha
hah, you left out 18 and 19 year old people. sucker.
thats because they are not needed o.0

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:28 am

requiett wrote:
Euphoria single-handedly sold every single copy of Rah Xephon :p

Return to “General AMV”