How often has this happend to you?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:51 am

Kusoyaro wrote:People get pissed at me all the time because I made them think they would like the Utena movie :P
Don't remind me... :wink:

Actually, what "Bachelorette" showed me was the great (is "luxurious" too big a word?) artwork in the movie. That's reason enough to watch it, although maybe not too often.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:32 am

I've had people ask me where they can grab Sailor and the 7 Ballz alot. :shock:

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:41 am

mexicanjunior wrote:I've had people ask me where they can grab Sailor and the 7 Ballz alot. :shock:
7 Ballz! That sounds like quite a handful! :roll:
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:47 pm

I was more pleased just when I showed my NieA_7 AMV and there were all these people going

"What anime is that?"

"I don't know."

That made me very, very happy!

-Uncle Milo
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:58 am

8) yup...ppl have told me that they would be interested in watchin onegai teacher from seeing one of my vids (both onegai teacher vids). and yesh...i consider this a huge compliment...

^_^ wat made me even happier was when hitori actually DID go and watch onegai teacher... :D

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:00 am

heh, when I first saw some AMV's at fanime, I asked my friend to d/l some random vids off the net, I one with asuka's last stand, and really wanted to see end of eva enough to just d/l it and not wait on the dvd, but when I saw it I was like -_-" all they did was string the whole fight together and added music...

So I think it's not enough to make ppl want to see it (any good art, eye candy or action scenes will do that for you) It's when they watch it and then they rewatch the amv and appreciate it even more. Now that's a compliment. I haven't seen FLCL yet (damn you bestprices) so maybe shameless with do that for me.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:04 pm

Nappy wrote:heh, when I first saw some AMV's at fanime, I asked my friend to d/l some random vids off the net, I one with asuka's last stand, and really wanted to see end of eva enough to just d/l it and not wait on the dvd, but when I saw it I was like -_-" all they did was string the whole fight together and added music...
:oops: I'm so sorry... :oops:

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:15 pm

It wasn't yours don't worry :P
Haven't seen yours, but you say that it has lip synch, and some effects so at least its got some effort, what I saw just edited the fight together, and added some random stuff after it to finish the song up.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:20 pm

Nappy wrote:It wasn't yours don't worry :P
Haven't seen yours, but you say that it has lip synch, and some effects so at least its got some effort, what I saw just edited the fight together, and added some random stuff after it to finish the song up.
Well, anytime I see the term "Asuka's Last Stand", I just assume they are talking about that 3MB file people seem to share on Kazaa so damn much. =P I don't know what I was thinking back then. :shock:

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:27 pm

well I heard ppl use that term to describe the fight, and it sounded better than saying asuka vs. eva series, or asukas last fight/battle or whatever I used before to talk about that scene >:P I wouldn't bother with a 3 meg file myself >:P

Return to “General AMV”