the most time spent on an AMV

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

the most time spent on an AMV

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:13 pm

I want to know which AMV took you all the longest amount of time to make, an hour for 10 seconds of footage for the video seems fair and I can deal wit hthat, but last night I went from mid-night to 6 and only had about 20 seconds.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:36 pm

350+ hours spread over about two months for "Flights of Fancy", most of which was spent re-animating certain scenes.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:47 pm

I think either doing the multiple monitor scene in SRV or the EoE collage pastiche in Arima Shinjikun probably took me the longest for individual scenes.

SRV was my biggest video project, spread over 5/6 lazy months, about 6 week's work. Arima Shinjikun was short at just under 2 weeks.

Yeah that collage scene was probably the most time consuming thing I've done - manually cutting out stills from kare kano and adding them to the collage from End of Eva frame by frame was evil.

Usually long-winded work isn't too bad because it's just one thing and it looks great when it's done but when it's repetitive it can be a nightmare. Doing one frame is fun... editing one image then doing something else is fun... doing frame after frame of the same crap... geh. Not fun :)

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:01 pm

72 consecutive hours without sleep. BIG mistake. That was my first version of my Lain video. My latest one has taken me 36+ hours over teh course of two months.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:06 pm

Well, not counting what I'm currently working on, Light of Day was created over six work intensive months. 48 hours for five seconds of footage was rather common in that vid.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:06 pm

jesus christ, well thank for making me feel better, I guess what I'm going throguh isn't quite so bad when you put things into perspective.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:09 pm

It's just like whatever the largest number you can think of is, you can always add one... or double it...

Kevin Caldwell when asked what it was like making believe said it was

"pain"

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:12 pm

'Service With a Smile' took about a month and maybe 50 total hours due to learning the basics of Premiere. Usually I get vids done alot faster since my editing is pretty simple though. My current vid has taken a few weeks and maybe 25 hours for 1:30 of completed footage.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:47 pm

The reason it is taking me so long to do this one is that I am not just removing subtitles, but I am removing them from a scene with fucking ROLLING CLOUDS IN A CGI SEQUENCE! (Metropolis) its a royal pain in my tiny white ass...

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:50 pm

Go rent the dvd... it's much easier :)

Return to “General AMV”