AMVs Playing Before Friday's Anime Explosion

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Legionair
Org Profile

AMVs Playing Before Friday's Anime Explosion

Post by Legionair » Mon Oct 14, 2002 6:22 am

Since the rescreening of the AFO3 AMV Winners went so well last month, we've decided to start screening AMVs before every Anime Explosion.

This month we have a set of Miyazaki themed AMVs to go along with Spirited Away and Porco Rosso.

For December I'm planning to take submissions from local (to Orlando) creators, but space is limited, so contact me soon if you want to be involved.

Our Anime Explosion showings are every third Friday of the month, at midnight, at the Lowes Cineplex at Universal Studios CityWalk in Orlando. Admission is free and parking is free at CityWalk after 6PM.

For more information on the Anime Explosion showings, check out: www.animegaijin.org.

Thanks,
Jason
legionair@comcast.net

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:26 pm

Sounds cool. I would go, except for the fact that I'm not even in the same country. :( I'm close though. :D

And what's AFO3?

Also, when you say "we", are you part of the people who run it?

Legionair
Org Profile

Post by Legionair » Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:34 pm

Oh, sorry, AFO3 stands for Anime Festival Orlando, with 2002 being the third year for it.

And yes, I am. I'm the resident AMV organizer (24 hour room, panels, contest, party, etc.) and Con Guide producer. As well as a couple of other smaller things that slip my mind at the moment.

Jason

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:02 pm

Wow, that's a lot of things to organize. Sounds pretty cool. I've never been to a con myself. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to visit Anime North 2003, since it's not too far. :D

Return to “General AMV”