Favorite AMV's : Male or Female Creator?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Favorite AMV's : Male or Female Creator?

Post by Ileia » Sun May 15, 2005 12:35 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I've found that all but one of my top 10 favorite AMV's are created by males. Is this just me or is anyone else's favorites predominantly one gender or the other?

(Don't think that I'm being sexist or anything like that, I'm just curious. BTW, I'm female.)
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Sun May 15, 2005 12:38 pm

Considering most amv'ers (GEEKS :shock: :D ) are male, it'l be damn hard to have a predominantly female list of favorite editors.

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Sun May 15, 2005 12:38 pm

aielI_Ileia wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I've found that all but one of my top 10 favorite AMV's are created by males.
The majority of creators are male, so that's not too surprising.

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Sun May 15, 2005 12:43 pm

Perhaps it's possible that there are simply more male creators around than female ones, causing some skew in people's distribution of favorite editors?

There are definitely some really excellent female creators who have made vids I find totally awesome, Sierra Lorna, Silver Moon, Meri Cantoni, and the seemingly retired Big Big Truck (who made the famous and well loved "Failed Experiments in Video Editing") come easily to mind.

In some cases, I'm not entirely certain of an editor's gender, and I'm too lazy to go and try to find out, since I don't really consider it relevant.
My Eyes Are The Victim's Eyes.
My Hands Are The Assailant's Hands.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun May 15, 2005 12:51 pm

FurryCurry wrote:Perhaps it's possible that there are simply more male creators around than female ones, causing some skew in people's distribution of favorite editors?
Well, there you go, I wasn't aware of that fact. Now I know and it explains it.
In some cases, I'm not entirely certain of an editor's gender, and I'm too lazy to go and try to find out, since I don't really consider it relevant.
I was only going by the names in parenthesis and most of them were what I considered to be boy's names. And I suppose it's not really that relevant, but I didn't know if maybe my personal prefernences made me lean towards (or away from) one gender or the other.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun May 15, 2005 2:00 pm

I can be whatever you want me to be. :wink:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Pyle
Org Profile

Post by Pyle » Sun May 15, 2005 2:03 pm

^ poser

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Sun May 15, 2005 2:06 pm

Jesscaflowne!

She completely made all us uber nerds look like total chumps when her FIRST video was better than all of our collective catalogs at the time.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Sun May 15, 2005 2:10 pm

Correlation does not necessitate causation.

STATISTICS MADE ME SMART.

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Sun May 15, 2005 2:20 pm

Beowulf wrote:Jesscaflowne!

She completely made all us uber nerds look like total chumps when her FIRST video was better than all of our collective catalogs at the time.
I told a few people about this on Skype the other day:
My first AWA, I entered a few videos, and my girlfriend at the time entered a few videos. She ended up winning best of show, and I ended up winning jack :shock:
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Return to “General AMV”