AMV top 10% - rules

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:03 am

Rozard wrote:WHERE'S MY REVIEW!!! :evil: :P

The :? in my previous post was directed more at Fluxy's statement that he bets no video has received straight 5s, and I was just saying I've gotten close. I didn't mean to say I thought it was undeserving.

For instance, for my Wicked Mix video (it sucks, download it :twisted: ) WuWu gave me six 9s, a 7 and a 5 :shock: X 10000

Whereas for the same video, Garylisk gave me a 6, two 5s, four 4s, and a 2. That's a bit more accurate a review for that video.
I don't remember Wicked Mix... *goes to look and see if he actually did review it*
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:04 am

Oh yeah, now I remember...

Oh yeah, dude.. that vid.. Whew... Man. :P

paizuri
Org Profile

Re: Old Boys Club

Post by paizuri » Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:14 am

earthcurrent wrote:Bah...if you look at a lot of the names on the top 10 list you see the same names cropping up over and over again. If you are in the know, you soon realize that a lot of them all run in the same circles, have the same home cons, etc. In most ways the top 10% list is little more than a list of the "Ol' Boys Club." The disagreement we are seeing as to the legitimacy of the ranking is merely a result of the favoritism amongst certain creators who, as favors, give each other high reviews for past good reviews on their own videos. They do so regardless of the actual quality of the video they are reviewing, as they are seemingly fearful of giving an honest review because they themselves might recieve an honest review in "retaliation".

God forbid that people actually start taking some time and effort to decide if a video really deserves a 10.
This is an interesting conjecture. I suppose you have gone through every single reviewer list for each video on the Top 10% and cross-referenced them to prove that you are correct? Because I think posting those results could prove very eye-opening indeed.

Of course, it could be that people really liked one person's video, so they went and downloaded other videos from the same creator and liked those too, and being the sort of people that like to leave reviews, left favorable reviews for the videos they liked? And then since those videos remained, or moved up into the Top 10%, other people downloaded them figuring they must be pretty good and then THEY too downloaded more videos from the same creator and so on and so forth?

Nah, that's too farfetched. Damn those elitists!
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

Wonka
Org Profile

Post by Wonka » Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:23 am

I thought I was giving high marks because they were good videos... :(

Damn! Foiled again!!

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:35 am

Whenever there is a situation where people are receiving accolades, there are always people among the group who want the accolades and are not getting them who think that the ones receiving them are doing so unfairly (ack, overconvoluted sentence). Even if you somehow revise the system so that the top slots are all dominated by lesser-known creators, you think there won't be bickering between them as well? People will be petty and jealous no matter what.

So stop wasting your breath and start honing your Ninja skills! Sweet!
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:24 pm

Kusoyaro wrote: So stop wasting your breath and start honing your Ninja skills! Sweet!
So sweet that I wanna crap my pants!

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:35 pm

Wonka wrote:I thought I was giving high marks because they were good videos... :(

Damn! Foiled again!!
You give reviews!!! :shock:

:wink: X 25365259

EarthCurrent
Org Profile

Re: Old Boys Club

Post by EarthCurrent » Thu Nov 07, 2002 3:31 am

paizuri wrote: This is an interesting conjecture. I suppose you have gone through every single reviewer list for each video on the Top 10% and cross-referenced them to prove that you are correct? Because I think posting those results could prove very eye-opening indeed.
:shock: Conspiracy theorists don't cross-reference! They rely on fundamentals like paranoia, and a general lack of trust in people over 30. And now that the Republicans have both the House and the Senate, there's sure to be even more sneaky goings on with the AMV reviews. :evil:

I'm going to go drink myself into a stuppor now to forget how messed up everything is...

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:36 am

Garylisk wrote:
Kusoyaro wrote: So stop wasting your breath and start honing your Ninja skills! Sweet!
So sweet that I wanna crap my pants!
He better be careful; his pants are assless.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:45 pm

How about adding weights to reviews? I mean everytime a certain video gets reviewed the wieght increases? This means that a video with a high amount of good reviews would get placed above a video with 3 perfect 10 reviews because of the added weight. Another good idea would be to look at what the majority gave, not the average grade. Let me enlighten: Say a video get's 10 eights and 3 10's out of it's reviews. The 8 seems to be the trend and the 10's could be added by friends, this way you could weigh the eights a lot higher (not just 10:3 but I mean a lot higher) so the score would be more representative, these are just thoughts feel free to add.
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

Return to “General AMV”