Who Was Your First?

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

Postby NeoGohan » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:37 pm

Some DBZ video to KoRn's "Freak on a Leash". Made by "SeanDBZ", I believe. This was back in January of 2000, and SeanDBZ was one of maybe.. 10 sites with DBZ music videos on them. Not like today where its a common section, right next to the "Image Galleries" and "Character Bios".

I was such a n00b =]
Hansi Kürsch, André Olbrich, <s>Thomen Stauch</s>, Marcus Siepen.
Together, they are <A href=http://www.blind-guardian.com><b>BLIND GUARDIAN</b></a>
NeoGohan

Postby Silvercat » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:20 pm

:shock:
You can remember your first?
I don't.
All I know is it had to have been a Sailor Moon AMV, since that the anime that pulled me into anime and got me into the anime online community where I learned all that kind of stuff.

I do remember an AMV to Phil Colins's In The Air Tonight about Sailor Saturn, but I know it wasn't my first. [Hmm, not in the database. I have to see if I can hunt it down.]
Silvercat

"Semi-good always triumphs over evil!" Digimon
Silvercat

Postby candre23 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:48 pm

It was a FFVIII vid set to a song I have never been able to identify. A friend of mine showed me the vid to show off the video from the game, because it had just come out. I was really impressed at the time, but it was several months later before I realized that there was a whole genre of these homemade music videos.
candre23

Postby Sagara Sanosuke » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:59 pm

My first AMV isnt one by conventual standards. :shock: It was a REAL anime music video. All of the animation was produced solely for the video. It was called "On Your Mark" by Chage and Asuka. But it got me hooked the moment I saw it. :P
Sagara Sanosuke

Postby DiemondDagger » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:13 pm

On Your Mark wasn't made by Chage and Asuka the song was produced by them.
It was created by Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghilbi.
DiemondDagger

Postby dilandau_sama15 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:36 pm

It was one of Saiya-Jin Lounge's videos....the first one i downloaded i believe was Eva Finale, i was introduced to the site through Napster from another member of the anime chat, from Saiya-Jin Lounge started one hell of an obsession...

I still watch those vids every now and then, though i dont recognize them as some of the best ive seen...
dilandau_sama15

Postby Chaos Angel » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:47 pm

It was Tyler Loch's Gundam Wing/Kryptonite vid. I found it on Morpheus and loved it.

Favorite video, theres too many I like to pick one. But, I still like Tyler's vid.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.
Chaos Angel

Postby The_Digital_Phoenix » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:23 pm

I have always been glad that my first was a really good one. Aluminum Studios started me on the AMV craze and I saw him as a golden god. I came down to earth after a while. Now I spend all my time lost in time and making vids that I hope someone somewhere will hold to be their favorite.

Hey, I can dream can't I?
The_Digital_Phoenix

Postby SarahtheBoring » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:32 pm

I'm having trouble remembering too. O_o;; eep.

Um, I first found out about them through Bigmog.com... the first ones I remember distinctly are a pretty simple one with "Eyes On Me" and FF8 clips, and the Washuu "She Blinded Me with Science" one. :)

Though I'm pretty sure there were some before that... Geez, it was only like a year and a half ago, you'd think I could remember. ^_^;
SarahtheBoring

Postby Professional 666 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:33 pm

Avatar_3k's "Smoke" by Natalie Imbruglia done to Eva.

The most underrated and forgotten awesome creator ever!
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/professional666/index.html">Six Sided Video</a>
Professional 666

Postby Professional 666 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:41 pm

Well, maybe not as "forgotten" as I thought since i just found his profile on the database. But still awesome.
Professional 666

Postby Machine » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:52 pm

The first AMV I saw was by Eric Jones of Flyhigh Studios.

The Pain of Ryoko's Heart. Great video :lol:
Machine

Postby §_Akuma_§ » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:57 pm

my very first AMV i had ever seen huh. lol thats an easy one and its also the one and only video that encouraged me to start AMV making. Hsien Lee's Maxwell Murder video.
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=13690">======§ Akuma §======
2006 § Akuma § Productions</a>
§_Akuma_§

Postby The Zero Saber » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:58 pm

dilandau_sama15 wrote:It was one of Saiya-Jin Lounge's videos....the first one i downloaded i believe was Eva Finale, i was introduced to the site through Napster from another member of the anime chat, from Saiya-Jin Lounge started one hell of an obsession...

I still watch those vids every now and then, though i dont recognize them as some of the best ive seen...

Just wanna say thanks for actually talking about me, whoever you are lol. I don't get that often. Gives me just a little more motivation to get into vids again.
The Zero Saber

I rember mine

Postby Rurouni K » Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:59 pm

my first AMV which is still like a favourite to me was when it was still vegita insane Cator Troys Gohons explosion and i also liek the remake he made befor they closed down ..
You are no longer who you were and tomorow is now yesterday. In the event of an emergency, do not become alarmed. Move quickly to the nearest exit.
Rurouni K

PreviousNext

Return to General AMV