Who Was Your First?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
NeoGohan
Org Profile

Post by NeoGohan » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:37 pm

Some DBZ video to KoRn's "Freak on a Leash". Made by "SeanDBZ", I believe. This was back in January of 2000, and SeanDBZ was one of maybe.. 10 sites with DBZ music videos on them. Not like today where its a common section, right next to the "Image Galleries" and "Character Bios".

I was such a n00b =]

Silvercat
Org Profile

Post by Silvercat » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:20 pm

:shock:
You can remember your first?
I don't.
All I know is it had to have been a Sailor Moon AMV, since that the anime that pulled me into anime and got me into the anime online community where I learned all that kind of stuff.

I do remember an AMV to Phil Colins's In The Air Tonight about Sailor Saturn, but I know it wasn't my first. [Hmm, not in the database. I have to see if I can hunt it down.]
Silvercat

"Semi-good always triumphs over evil!" Digimon

candre23
Org Profile

Post by candre23 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:48 pm

It was a FFVIII vid set to a song I have never been able to identify. A friend of mine showed me the vid to show off the video from the game, because it had just come out. I was really impressed at the time, but it was several months later before I realized that there was a whole genre of these homemade music videos.

Sagara Sanosuke
Org Profile

Post by Sagara Sanosuke » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:59 pm

My first AMV isnt one by conventual standards. :shock: It was a REAL anime music video. All of the animation was produced solely for the video. It was called "On Your Mark" by Chage and Asuka. But it got me hooked the moment I saw it. :P

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:13 pm

On Your Mark wasn't made by Chage and Asuka the song was produced by them.
It was created by Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghilbi.

dilandau_sama15
Org Profile

Post by dilandau_sama15 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:36 pm

It was one of Saiya-Jin Lounge's videos....the first one i downloaded i believe was Eva Finale, i was introduced to the site through Napster from another member of the anime chat, from Saiya-Jin Lounge started one hell of an obsession...

I still watch those vids every now and then, though i dont recognize them as some of the best ive seen...

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:47 pm

It was Tyler Loch's Gundam Wing/Kryptonite vid. I found it on Morpheus and loved it.

Favorite video, theres too many I like to pick one. But, I still like Tyler's vid.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

The_Digital_Phoenix
Org Profile

Post by The_Digital_Phoenix » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:23 pm

I have always been glad that my first was a really good one. Aluminum Studios started me on the AMV craze and I saw him as a golden god. I came down to earth after a while. Now I spend all my time lost in time and making vids that I hope someone somewhere will hold to be their favorite.

Hey, I can dream can't I?

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:32 pm

I'm having trouble remembering too. O_o;; eep.

Um, I first found out about them through Bigmog.com... the first ones I remember distinctly are a pretty simple one with "Eyes On Me" and FF8 clips, and the Washuu "She Blinded Me with Science" one. :)

Though I'm pretty sure there were some before that... Geez, it was only like a year and a half ago, you'd think I could remember. ^_^;

Professional 666
Org Profile

Post by Professional 666 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:33 pm

Avatar_3k's "Smoke" by Natalie Imbruglia done to Eva.

The most underrated and forgotten awesome creator ever!

Return to “General AMV”