I may not be able to make any videos for a looooong time :(

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
leathelanime
Org Profile

I may not be able to make any videos for a looooong time :(

Post by leathelanime » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:39 am

theres something wrong with my stupid capture card! every time a I put a clip on the adobe timeline I get some Kernal.32.dll type error....Iv tried recovering my pc but nothing has been working...so I think I may have to buy a new ATI AIW 128 card and Im very low on cash and I dont get a job until feb so this realy sux....My skills are just going to rot away :(

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:10 am

When you capture clips, are you capturing to DivX? If you are, that may be the problem. Premiere hates Divx.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:17 am

Nah I just capture to normal Avi...Ive always done it that way but it just seems to act up now.

Declan_Vee
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Declan_Vee » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:43 am

It's great to see that people still use capture cards.
"normal avi" you mean uncompressed, right. Try using HuffYUV. Granted Uncompressed should be friendlier, but it's worth a shot... Otherwise, it may be your OS or installation of Premiere.
But yes it never hurts to have too much money, and new hardware is hardly ever a bad thing.
AMV Search | AMV Guides
AMV Live. "It's like Iron Chef, only too many cooks will spoil the broth"

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:10 pm

I just want to capture like I use to...I never had to use Huffy so why start now....Damn Kernel.32.dll error thingy....I guess I need a vacation

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:18 pm

I'd try experimenting more. You're using an ATI AIW128? (you mentioned getting "another" one) I was using someone's AIW128 system with the same symptoms. I tried capturing using "ATI VCR 1.0" mode instead of "ATI VCR 2.0" mode and it worked. (lower quality but it worked) I never found the real root of the problem, but it worked well enough for him. You shouldn't have to install anything new to try this.

Can you tell us the codec of the "broken" clips? I'm guessing it's ATI VCR 2.0, but to be sure, try loading one into VirtualDub and doing "File->File Information", and tell us the video stream decompressor.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:00 pm

Yes ATI's VCR codecs blow chunks. I could never get the fuckers to work at my Highschool with Premiere, or maybe Premiere sucks ass for being so touchy.

If it's worked before try re-installing Windows/the card or Premiere.

Can you open the file in Windows Media Player or Virtual Dub? If so THEN IT IS NOT THE HARDWARES FAULT! It's a software issue and you'd be wasting money getting a new card.

~klinky

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:35 am

Ok I will try it out a lil later

SG Avenger
Org Profile

Nuke It.

Post by SG Avenger » Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:42 pm

While its not always the answer you want.. it's really a godsend to your computer.

The Virtual Enema.. Wipeout everything and start with a fresh install of everything. It'll feel like new...

a death and rebirth if you will.

turboneko
Org Profile

Post by turboneko » Sat Oct 12, 2002 7:26 am

And, by the way, try to see if there are new drivers available on ATI's website. I had an AIW time ago and let me tell you that I never saw a set of drivers suck so bad. :P
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Return to “General AMV”