newbie question

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:46 pm

UGH. 1.1MB? What, is it like 5 frames per second at 80x60 resolution?

You won't find too many people willing to download a video file that small
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

RadicalEd0
Org Profile

Post by RadicalEd0 » Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:44 pm

ew.. I really dont recommend WMV. I mean, sure, its better than MPEG 1, and sure, its based on the DivX 3.11 codec that most of us use, but it still tends to pale in quality to DivX 5, RealVideo 9, XviD, and DivX 3.11 WITH sbc :\
NMEAMV: PENIS
NMEAMV: IN
NMEAMV: YO
NMEAMV: MIXED
NMEAMV: DRINK

usd2020
Org Profile

Post by usd2020 » Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:11 pm

ok, i didnt understand a thing you just said :D

RadicalEd0
Org Profile

Post by RadicalEd0 » Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:16 pm

WMV = teh bad
DivX 3.11 sbc, DivX 5, XviD, RealVideo 9 = teh good

or to be more accurate MPEG 1 < WMV < Real9 ~ DivX 5 ~ DivX 3.11 sbc ~ XviD
at the same size (bitrate)

usd2020
Org Profile

Post by usd2020 » Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:24 pm

ahh, ok i think i understand now..i've gotten it to 13.1 mb in Realmedia format and the quality looks to be the same as the 81mb one i started out with. :D

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:09 pm

:?

Err, no comment... :)
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

RadicalEd0
Org Profile

Post by RadicalEd0 » Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:25 pm

thats not surprising, you've done well my child 8)
btw, out of interest, how long is the video?

usd2020
Org Profile

Post by usd2020 » Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:29 pm

it's 3:50 long :D

Sub0
Org Profile

Post by Sub0 » Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:15 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:
RadicalEd0 wrote:yapyapyap. Ideally you wouldnt use avi at all, ideally mcf would be finished, ideal this ideal that
You were the one who said "the best thing"

I know you know lots about audio/video technology but I think you'll realise when you actually finish a video that in order to make the thing in a form that everyone can play you have to dispense with many of the new-fangled toys due to incompatibilities and the general public's unwillingness to try new things.

I'm just making people aware of what works best for amv distribution, not works best for your personal dvd rips, so forgive me if I keep appearing and telling you that you are wrong. You are smart enough to be able to make your own desicions about such tech matters but not eveyone is, so try and avoid giving people advice that is not appropriate for their needs.
yeah... sorta' I use DivX for my audio cuz I already use DivX 3 for my video

if anybody could convince me to use uncompressed pcm (like 4mb+ more!) or Radius (which requires another codec) or something else for my LQs I'm all ears! (cept that pointy thing sticking out of my face, that's a nose. ;-p)

speaking of all ears and good audio I just LOVE Phade's Material Girl vid, idunno if it's the cymbals but it seems like its got AWESOME audio quality! I have a fairly recent soundcard but the crappiest 4.1 setup you can think of (fact I can't even surround myself with speakers! My sub SUCKS, my bro took it out of the corner so now it sucks more...). I mean I can listen to that audio all day (sometimes do ;-p) so audio means alot to me, obviously ;-p my point... this shoulda' been a journal entry.

Sub0
Org Profile

Post by Sub0 » Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:20 pm

usd2020 wrote:i just screwed around with it till i got it into wmv format. sooooo, now i need to find someone to send it to :D
speaking of bad audio ;-p I love bashing on ppl that only have wmvs of their vids. 'sounds like it was put through a washer, lost, turned inside out and spit out the exhaust!!'

But for 1.1mb I'd think twice about that!! It's 4:00 minutes of ACTION?? not just still pics... it's not LPZ is it??

Return to “General AMV”