"Official" AMV Creators CD Distro?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
anneke
Org Profile

No Paypal

Post by anneke » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:14 pm

Using Paypal or taking money would be bad. It puts alot of extra work on the distributor. They have to buy the CDs, and buy packaging, etc...

By keeping it SASE it keeps it to only the hard code people who really want to see them. They use their time to send the stuff. The SASE comes to the house, the CD is made and sent back, all from the comfort of his house. He doesn't have to go outside at all. Daylight = bad. <grin>

Anneke

grayplague
Org Profile

Post by grayplague » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:56 pm

well if the distributor was going to premake some cds (like someone mentioned way back at the beginning of this thread) he/she would need to buy the cds on their end anyway.

I just figured "why send a package with nothing more than postage for the return package in it!? that doesn't make much sense"

Daylight = good. <grin>
/::.:.. <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... er_id=1190" target="#new"><b>my profile</b></a> ..:.::/|/::.:.. <a href="http://www.ijouhassei.com" target="#new"><b>my site</b></a> ..:.::/

KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
Org Profile

Post by KagatoAMV » Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:45 pm

This sounds like a great idea.

I've VCDs from 2001 and 2002 I can send once things are up and running.

I should work on a non-vcd version with higher quality files.

Red Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Red Wolf » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:25 pm

grayplague wrote:well if the distributor was going to premake some cds (like someone mentioned way back at the beginning of this thread) he/she would need to buy the cds on their end anyway.

I just figured "why send a package with nothing more than postage for the return package in it!? that doesn't make much sense"

Daylight = good. <grin>
The idea of premaking some CDs would be to save time on the distributor's end. While the initial purchase of CDs would be at the distributor's cost he would, in theory, never send out a premade CD without receiving a blank CD to replace it. So the premade CDs would never cost the distributor money, in theory, because he would maintain the supply of CDs.

Now in the real world bad burns happen and premade CDs ended up costing a few bucks. But considering the numerous deals on CDs these days I'll happily spend $5 for a 50 pack to save myself time in the future.

Note for all future posters:

We will NOT be requiring money so please do not question or suggest this. As we've posted several times now, tips are welcome but we are starting this project as a free, SASE project and that is the final decision of those in charge.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:39 pm

I should have the project I'm working on done in a couple of weeks, before that I'm not outputting anymore DVDs so I'll probably end up sending you one after I get this video done.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:02 am

Some random thoughts about media:

1. Suppose someone sends a 650MB CD when the copy needs to be a 700MB CD? Would I, as a creator, have to make sure that all of my submissions totalled less than 650MB per CD?

2. 3-inch CD's allowed ? If so, which size: 210MB, 245MB or 185MB ?

3. You probably don't want to burn DVDs. But suppose someone sent a set of DVDs to distribute to the first X people who request one?

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:29 pm

Ignore previous post: I found the Web site (Thanks!).

Return to “General AMV”