Ever go , what the heck was I thinking

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
wingednike
Org Profile

Post by wingednike » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:44 pm

Yes. I'm glad I have the only tape....unless the AX AMV committee still has their stuff from a couple of years ago :oops: I cringe just thinking about one of those videos...
Check out my videos!

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:16 pm

Not really, I know what I was thinking back then, my execution just wasn't that refined yet. I still like all my vid ideas though.

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:23 pm

That reminds me of when my Love hina video premiered at
otakon (The infamous Rocky Horror one) .... noone luaghed.....
noone moved ..... and I was getting ready to be linched.

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:51 pm

Pie Row Maniac wrote:
RichLather wrote:I think that with the first X-23, which weighed in at just over an hour. I watch it now after a college education and almost seven years' worth of professional editing and I just wince. I could easily chop off half of its running time and make it a much faster-paced production.
That sounds like a wager to me.
You wot?

It's no wager...only reason I haven't bothered attempting it up till now was that I didn't have digital sources for everything in order to remaster it. With the exception of the single solitary Dr. Slump sight gag in it I think it could be done.

As far as my AMVs go they're solid enough when I produce them that there's next to nothing I'd change.

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:53 pm

RichLather wrote:
Pie Row Maniac wrote:
RichLather wrote:I think that with the first X-23, which weighed in at just over an hour. I watch it now after a college education and almost seven years' worth of professional editing and I just wince. I could easily chop off half of its running time and make it a much faster-paced production.
That sounds like a wager to me.
You wot?

It's no wager...only reason I haven't bothered attempting it up till now was that I didn't have digital sources for everything in order to remaster it. With the exception of the single solitary Dr. Slump sight gag in it I think it could be done.

As far as my AMVs go they're solid enough when I produce them that there's next to nothing I'd change.
I wish they'd license Dr.Slump :(.
I only saw a small portion of it from some old japanese vhs, and ari from db movie 3.
"hey... no"

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:57 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:Not really, I know what I was thinking back then, my execution just wasn't that refined yet. I still like all my vid ideas though.
That's just how I see it. I might blush at some of them for being so embarrassingly bad, but I'm still smiling while I watch them and imagining the possible remakes. They're mine, so of course I like them. I just try not to watch them too often. ^_^;

temaranight
Org Profile

Post by temaranight » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:13 am

mexicanjunior wrote:Not really, I know what I was thinking back then, my execution just wasn't that refined yet. I still like all my vid ideas though.
I concur..but I'm still not putting my first two vids up for local download untill I've got them remastered :P

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:56 am

I still look back on my first AMV with fondness. I still remember putting i together and thinking how cool it was, then being crushed to find that System of a Bebop videos were, at the time, horrendously overdone and everyone hated them. Someone even released one with the same combo on the same day I did.

Nonetheless, I look back on it and even though there's a lot of hiccups, and I loatheloatheloathe the opening and ending text bumpers, I find that I still enjoy it. I think the overall concept still rings solid (but of course I think that), and it is, I think, a pretty good first video. Or, at least, it's mine. I figure I'm probably the only one who likes it. ;P

Nw, there are others that do not enjoy this affection. #2, #3, and #7, I can't stand to watch. They hurt so bad it, well, HURTS! Someone hand me the jar of acid now so I can destroy them.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

Return to “General AMV”