Do any of you get sick of your own amvs

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
stereomancer
Org Profile

Do any of you get sick of your own amvs

Post by stereomancer » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:27 pm

I've been working on my first amv for almost a week now. Its definetly a labor of love. But its starting to look stupid to me. Is that normal for you guys.. or is that a sign that the vid is gonna be crap and I should stop now :P

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:57 pm

Let's say "not anymore" is my answer ;)

I used to hate the first videos I created after a while, mostly because I was improving so I could find more and more flaws in older videos with every new thing I learned.
Since a good 2 years now I'm happy with the videos I created since then and still love them. Of course I would make things different now on older videos, but I don't think the outcome would be any better :P
(exceptions make the rule tho >_>)

Undertow
Org Profile

Post by Undertow » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:07 pm

During the process of making some of my videos i got a bit tired of the song and footage, so i usually make a filler while i'm at it, sometimes that works and i put the filler up, sometimes it doesn't and i'll discard it. At the moment i'm working on a SaiKano video and also getting some stuff ready for some multi editor projects, as a distraction for when i get too much of SaiKano (really no chance in that, because i love that show).

During the making of "In Vash's Way" i made the "Same Old Song" video just to do something different, that's one example of a video that worked. When i was making "Gaea's sin" i made another video with Escaflowe, simply because i was getting really irritated with Hitomi, i used the song "Lump" by The Presidents of the USA, however that one really didn't work, and Gaea's sin is in my opinion the worst thing i've ever made, it really was that bad. Nothing in the video worked and eventhough i sometimes watch my own videos, that the only one i never watched again, i really got that sick of it. A lot of work went into making it, and it turned out to be that crappy, so, yeah, i do get sick of my own videos.

But when you are making one, it's always good to have a little distraction, and just making something different when you are making one is a good way to keep you at it, and getting more experience with editing at the same time.

stereomancer
Org Profile

Post by stereomancer » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:32 pm

biggest problem I am having is footage wise. I think I made more focus on the video too narrow to be supported by the footage

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:29 pm

I bacially agree with JCD, I don't do this anymore although I used to. There are several videos of mine I absolutely hate and can not stand watching anymore. Those are the videos that failed to do what I want and I should have deleted them as failed experiments rather than released them. Over time I've gotten better at being honestly critical of my own work so I actually like the last half dozen or so videos I've uploaded.

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:15 pm

No...
theres always errors to be fixed.
"hey... no"

You choose Sam,the rest
Org Profile

Post by You choose Sam,the rest » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:19 pm

yes

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:28 pm

maybe so?
"hey... no"

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:46 pm

Me never, sometimes I can hate something of my videos.
ImageImage

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:03 pm

Not really...

Return to “General AMV”