Choosing and collecting clips

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Icarus
Org Profile

Choosing and collecting clips

Post by Icarus » Sun Sep 15, 2002 11:56 am

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but how do you guys (the experienced editors) go about choosing and collecting clips for your AMVs? Do you guys take *all* the clips that you would possibly use for an AMV and then mix and match from there onwards, or do you guys usually do it another way? I tried that and it seems horribly inefficient.

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated! :wink:

zip
Org Profile

Post by zip » Sun Sep 15, 2002 12:18 pm

i listen to the music im going to use and start to figure what should happen, then i look for clips wich is sorta like my idea or make my own from episdoes or movies

D.Co
Org Profile

Post by D.Co » Sun Sep 15, 2002 12:19 pm

I don't know how other people do this... I have my own method which has met with little success thus far... WHich pretty much involves what you say. I take images from my DVD's or my screen caps and convert the scenes that I plan on using into HuffYuv and then import those into Premiere. There are others on this board when working straight from DVD just import the entire dvd into thier premiere folder using an AVS script but I doubt my computer could handle the seeking and such using that method.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:06 pm

I have two methods depending on how much time I have to make the AMV.

If I'm short on time I just start capturing every scene that could possibly be even semi usefull to me, I just sit there and watch the entire show or movie in fast foward and rewind to capture anything of interest.

Now if I have plenty of time to get an AMV done I go to storyboard method. I print out the lyrics to the song and time how long each lyric is. Then I think about the series (It's sad when you can remember the series running by heart) and write down roughly which scenes I want for each part and then go and capture them. This method is FAR more time consuming but it often will produce better results.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “General AMV”