hey hey

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
_faerie_
Org Profile

hey hey

Post by _faerie_ » Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:19 am

ok hi!

I'm planning to make a new amv, BUT I need someone to give me some lain clips! I've made a bunch of music videos b4 so I know what I'm doing (i e lain - the world is not enough, gundam wing - break etc.). Ok I need some clips of episodes 4-13 and I might rent the dvd and just rip some clips out of it. But the only lain dvd I can get is probably 1-4. ok puhleez if you can just tell me. my emails are in my profile but the one i"ll probably awnser to is my hotmail one. just email my hotmail one. see ya!

:wink: :twisted: faerie :twisted: :wink:

AMVUserII
Org Profile

Post by AMVUserII » Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:32 am

ok i'm in a good mood.......

So i'll try to help

1. Well if you know or even if you don't know how to rip from DVDs, what you should do is go to... www.netflix.com

Sign up there rent the DVDs you need. Like some of the Lain ones for example. Get them......rip them........enjoy them. And just sign off from the service and sign on again whenever you need footage again. That way your not being conitnuously charged.

2. WIN MX, Kazaa, Morpheus, Direct Connect, IRC, and you might wanna try Edonkey2000 or Overnet if your feelin' lucky.

Those are all p2p/server/chat based programs the footage you want should be on all of those. Try them and see which one works for you.
-"We are the Next Generation in Anime Music Videos. We are Next Generation Films Inc."
-Next Generation Films Inc. (NGF)

_faerie_
Org Profile

Post by _faerie_ » Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:34 am

lol. my dad HATES kazaa. Ummm I don't have a credit card and I don't think dad or mom is about to lend me there's. lol. oh well. I'll just *borrow* some money off adam and go to the anime store. yay.

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:47 am

Unfortunately, for someone to give you clips from the last three discs would be nearly impossible. I'm reading your request as saying that you need enough clips to make an entire video, not just, say, one section of one scene. Editting-quality clips, as I assume you already know since you say you have made other videos before, are HUGE. On average, I'd guess anywhere from 300-1000MB (or 300MB-1GB), and that's just for ONE clip. I'm not sure how much space most people have, but I would wager not many have the amount of space necessary to hold even one editting-quality clip. Of course, they could just compress it with Divx and send you that, but then you may as well download a digi-sub and get the whole episode if you are going to go that route.

Best of luck, but I doubt anyone will be able to accomodate your request.

That aside, I must pimp Lain! (you know what I mean, I hope... ^_^)

The series is one of my favorites, possibly my very favorite, and I highly recomend buying the whole thing if you are able because it's simply incredible. In addition to seeing a great series, you would get to rip the clips yourself and have total control over how they look in the end.

Best of luck with the video!!
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

_faerie_
Org Profile

Post by _faerie_ » Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:48 am

I'm not getting movies off the internet from there. no I'll go to blockbuster or anime store and get some ah! megami-sama or lain.

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:50 am

Good call.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

_faerie_
Org Profile

Post by _faerie_ » Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:52 am

ok lol. thanks chaos angel. lol. i get good quality clips for 50 mb and I have 20gb left. I'm not going to run out of room very fast. I can just use dad's laptop if i run into no more space. Or delete adam's retarded games.

_faerie_
Org Profile

Post by _faerie_ » Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:56 am

how do u get a sticky topic?

_faerie_
Org Profile

Post by _faerie_ » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:04 pm

oh yeah....does anyone have the sad part of digimon for season 1 where the digimon say good-bye to their tamers? i'd really want to make amv out of that too because it's so sad and use beautiful good-bye. But oh well.

:twisted: :evil: I'm Going To Go Watch Some Lain! :evil: :twisted:

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:17 pm

*twitch* OK, now SOME people are lucky in that the episodes they want to use are in fact out on DVD, and they still complain... *twitch*

To answer your previous question, only mods can make a topic sticky, and they only do it if it is important and relevant to a lot of people.

Return to “General AMV”