Seeking advice from the masters.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:09 pm

NME-No, no post in all forums for you. :twisted:

On topic again- Most all the bases have been covered here. Enjoy what you make, because in the end you're making AMVs for yourself first and for anyone else second. You're the one that has to sit through the process of making your idea come to life, and it'll be quite hard to do that if you don't enjoy what it is you're doing.
And also, don't underestimate the usefulness of watching other people's videos and learning techniques from them. The better you can take apart other people's videos technically from watching them, the better you'll be able to put together your own (well, in my experience this is true anyway).

Don't lose your own style in watching other creator's videos though.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

Tycho2k
Org Profile

Post by Tycho2k » Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:21 pm

Thanks again for all the advice. Vlad, I very much do respect your advice, seeing as in my opinion you do have one of the best vids out there. I have already started My new vid, and I estimate I will probably spend 30+ hours on it. Most of that I think will be revision anyway, but I really like the way it is coming out so far. Now just to get some decent hosting so people can get it when I finish it... :)
"To Sleepy-Time, to Death's embrace,
To all the Horrors I must face.
Zombie hordes, Terrors unknown,
Psyche scars are deeply sown.
But worry not, I can defend,
Always Me and my MAC10."

Written late at night after playing way too much Resident Evil. :)

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Aug 31, 2002 10:45 pm

Tycho2k wrote:Thanks again for all the advice. Vlad, I very much do respect your advice, seeing as in my opinion you do have one of the best vids out there. I have already started My new vid, and I estimate I will probably spend 30+ hours on it. Most of that I think will be revision anyway, but I really like the way it is coming out so far. Now just to get some decent hosting so people can get it when I finish it... :)
Thanks for the confidence and praise. It's what keeps me going. Keep going on your AMV! My feeling is even if the video makes one person happy besides yourself then it's all worth it in the end....

Vlad

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:08 pm

One other thing I would like to mention. I really don't consider myself a AMV master or anything like that. I’m happy that so many people enjoy my videos I think we all are equals who share a common hobby and interest.

Yes there are varying degrees of how much effort and talent is put into a video, but those who labor long hours and buy the equipment required just to do AMVs and do them as a labor of love and expression should not feel any less important or different then those who happen to be popular for one reason or another. I guess my point here is never feel that your videos can't or are not any better then those who are popular. I have never considered any one AMV creator to be better than anyone else. It really comes down to me enjoying a video no matter who creates it...

I personally would love to meet and talk "AMVs" with everyone in this community. It's a shame that we all live so far apart and some of us seem to have trouble getting along as well! :wink:

Vlad

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:59 pm

Vlad, I didn't realize that the VHD:B vid to the Batman theme was yours! That was my favorite video at JACON! You did a great job on that one! :D

Also, is there any way that I can get any of your videos? Only one is up for download, and it doesn't work :( Could you send them over AIM somehow, or will I have to wait until AWA and get a CD from you or something?
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:05 am

Rozard wrote:Vlad, I didn't realize that the VHD:B vid to the Batman theme was yours! That was my favorite video at JACON! You did a great job on that one! :D

Also, is there any way that I can get any of your videos? Only one is up for download, and it doesn't work :( Could you send them over AIM somehow, or will I have to wait until AWA and get a CD from you or something?
Glad you liked it, acutally that video took me only 25-30 hours to make and is the shortes I've done (Yes, I'm slow!)

I'm setting up a web site right now and will have my videos available. It does have a 50 gig BW limit and I will keep them up untill the monthy bandwidth is reached and then again next month... Best I can do for the moment. Should be up in the next few days

Vlad

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:22 am

Sweet, I can't wait to get it and show it to my friends. I taped it at the showing of the winners, so I at least have it. The only problem is my tape is in Texas with Adiamante :( The crown groaned when it first saw that it was VHD:B, because there were three other videos done to it, but yours got the most applause. They were all done to Scream Rock songs, though. You know, where they go "RWARK#%BV#AKZZ! Also, I'n not sure, but I believe two of them were back to back, or one was right before yours. Actually, were you at JACON?
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Tycho2k
Org Profile

Post by Tycho2k » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:23 am

I too wish I had more people around me that I could talk AMV's with. I would be more then happy if you saw one of my videos (prefereably the one I am making now when it's done) and said you liked it, because I respect you as an AMV creator over most others BECAUSE of the amount of time and effort and love you put into your videos. To me it shows you are very dedicated to this not-so-mainstream art form. Anyway, I should probably stop kissing ass and get to bed, it is getting pretty late here, and I need my sleep so I can edit more tomorow. :)
"To Sleepy-Time, to Death's embrace,
To all the Horrors I must face.
Zombie hordes, Terrors unknown,
Psyche scars are deeply sown.
But worry not, I can defend,
Always Me and my MAC10."

Written late at night after playing way too much Resident Evil. :)

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:26 am

Rozard wrote:Actually, were you at JACON?
Yes I was actually there this year! I hung around with Brad DeMoss and Lee Thompson mainly, but I did try to talk with as many creators as I could.... Sorry if I miised you... Will you be at AWA?

Vlad

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:27 am

Tycho2k wrote:I too wish I had more people around me that I could talk AMV's with. I would be more then happy if you saw one of my videos (prefereably the one I am making now when it's done) and said you liked it, because I respect you as an AMV creator over most others BECAUSE of the amount of time and effort and love you put into your videos. To me it shows you are very dedicated to this not-so-mainstream art form. Anyway, I should probably stop kissing ass and get to bed, it is getting pretty late here, and I need my sleep so I can edit more tomorow. :)
Well... You never know...

Vlad

Return to “General AMV”