Conclusion of AMV Hosting....

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:57 pm

I'm definitely in. another question: how fast are the transfer speeds gonna be? What kind of a connection are you going to have? at the rate you're going to charge, and how are you requiring payment?
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

Skeebadeetz
Org Profile

Post by Skeebadeetz » Sat Aug 24, 2002 10:48 pm

So you're saying I can get a free account an put an under fifty meg video for others to download? No cost? What's the cap? What's this no transfer limit thing?
There is nothing wrong with sin that cannot be fixed with right.
~~Initec Studios 2001 and beyond~~

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:09 pm

Hell...I pay 25 a month...I have my own server...own IP for my server......unlimited space...unlimited bandwith.....

Gottaname
Org Profile

To clear this up...

Post by Gottaname » Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:02 am

I made this service in goodwill, my main piority is not making profits but to service the Anime web community, it happens that I make AMVs too and I was pretty pissed when I couldn't get anywhere to host my AMVs, all you need is one powerful, generous and sometimes psychotic person (Like for example Gendo Ikari) to usher in the next stage of evolution. The server I'll be using is a unlimited (In terms of time) 512k ADSL connection. There is no catch to the free service though people will not have direct acess to them, and that these accounts will be limited and kept in a 3:1 ratio to the paid service, which means that for every 1 paid account, I will open 3 free accounts. To prevent multi-account creation, we will log your OS, IP, service provider, time and everytime you send us material, you will present the e-mail you signed up with so if a person were to try and create multiple accounts, his IP, OS, service provider, time, e-mail and material will tally together. The only way for him to escape this would be to use multiple internet connections with different ISPs at different times with different styles of materials. And on top of this, we will log the places from which the materials are being acessed and we will investigate for any consistency. If we discover so, we will shut down the suspected accounts. There will be more water-tight measures but rest assured it will not affect those loyal users who are sticking to the rules

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:15 am

sweet jesus....Skeebadeetz's avatar has massive jubblies
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Sun Aug 25, 2002 11:27 am

so basically, you're going to be hosting through a DSL connection. the company you're using is going to LOVE that. I give it 3 months... unless you've already checked with them to see if it's ok, or it's your own company?
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Aug 26, 2002 9:57 am

Yes, skeebadeetz's avatar is cool!

:shock:
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Return to “General AMV”