Newbies: Hosting and the like.

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

Postby DeathNinja42 » Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:15 pm

Could someone check out http://www.ipowerweb.com/ and tell me whether or not this seems like a good service for hosting AMVs? I've never done this before so it would be much appreciated, thanks :)
DeathNinja42

Postby V3n0m » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:38 am

i'm still having problems with my webhost, internet solutions... first they rip my site down for copyright infringment (i'm guessin the music vids cuz everything else was of a illegal DBZ fansite, (aka no full eps or movies) then they took my DN now i got my DN but the friggin server wont let me log on with the given information, DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!!!

Any free webhosts that aren't bad, that will allow AMV's? anybody know? like 8m.com but i need more than 8m, multiple accounts is possible. if free of coarse
Balance is the Universe
and universe is province
Ever Stare Directly into a SaiyanZ Eye?
http://www.saiyanz-venom.com
V3n0m

Postby The Nerd Wonder » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:56 pm

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Golden Donut/Dangling Carrot. You know, the free video hosting on this website. Granted, it'll be about another month before wide use of it is allowed, but it's there. I just uploaded one of my vids.
The Nerd Wonder

Postby Gunblade-SF » Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:18 pm

Okay, can anyone help me out? I've just started making AMVs and have got three done already (havent seen many others to compare so I can't say if theyre any good or not) Ive been using windows movie maker to make them so they are all in WMV formatt. Can anyone tell me whats the best format for hoting AMVs in cos Ive read around that WMV is a bit crappy. Also, as I am a student in the UK i'm running on a 56k, I have little money and no credit card so any suggestions on sites which could host my vids cheaply would be great. Apologies for the newbieish question but, well, i am a newbie :)
So sephiroth comes up to me and says "In my veins courses the blood of the Ancients" and I'm like "yeahwhatever!"
Gunblade-SF

Postby Farmboybob » Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:49 pm

Ok this may sound like a stupid question, but how do I upload my AMV onto the carrot here? I need to know if I have to put my AMV on a webpage first so I can up load it onto the carrot and if so, is there a free webpage hosting site that allows you to hold files that are 30 megs?
Thanks! :)
Farmboybob

Postby Lyrs » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:08 am

First step:

do you have ftp?

if not, get cuteftp.

/end amount of my current brain thinking function
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science
Lyrs

Postby Farmboybob » Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:12 pm

Thanks Lyrs. I got it all figured out now. :D
Farmboybob

BitTorrent or Kast for distribution of AMV's

Postby Nurd » Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:01 pm

I know the latest kast (big announcement on slashdot) only came out recently, and from what I hear the older version wasn't as good, but has anyone tried either kast or BitTorrent for distribution of their AMV's, and if so did you have good results with that?

Thanks,

Nurd
Nurd

Postby Jeabus » Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:50 pm

Okay I looked at all the links that were posted here and none of them were free. My vids rage from 36-37 Megs zipped. I need a FREE host that gives you that much space. Ive searched the internet thousands of times but come up with nothing each time. Does anyone know of a website that has that much space for you to use on a free account?

PLEASE! HELP ME
DEVILMAN - DEVILMAN - calling DEVILMAN
running in MY HEAD YEAH
DEVILMAN - DEVILMAN - calling DEVILMAN
running in MY HEAD YEAH
Jeabus

How do I get local hosting?

Postby UncleBingo » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:40 pm

Question: How would I manage to get space on either Dangling Carrot or Golden Donut?

~Uncle Bingo~
"I'M NAKED!!!!!"
-Gir
UncleBingo

Postby Otohiko » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:42 pm

if you're a registred member, and you have an AMV that's under 100mb, and follows content guidelines (must be mostly anime, does not contain graphic nudity or excessive violence) - go to the main page, log in, go upload and follow instructions.

It's free, but donation is encouraged :wink:
Otohiko

Postby Vesser » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:59 pm

DeathNinja42 wrote:Could someone check out http://www.ipowerweb.com/ and tell me whether or not this seems like a good service for hosting AMVs?

Well, I just started using ipower last week, and people can still dl my vid with a direct link, so I take that as a good sign so far. It could be that one day they will claim that there are copywrite problems, but until then...

As for the fears of the record or vid industries coming after us, well I see it as a possibility. There are very few of us compared to the masses dl-ing music, so it might be easier for them to deal with us. It would make for good publicity though. :-)
-If dolphins had thumbs, we'd be screwed.
My latest AMV- "Here We Are" (Serial Experiments Lain):
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=27661
Vesser

Postby bobbias » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:33 pm

If anyone wants a free host, Contact me, I am setting up a web server on my comp and would be happy to host some AMVs on it.. I have unlimited Bandwidth, 50 KB/s Upload speed, and the limits on size are: As long as it fits my Hard Drive :P

My MSN: Bobbias@hotmail.com
My normal Email (I never check my hotmail, so if you email me there, it's not likely you'll get a quick responce): Bobbias@gdnmail.net
bobbias

Postby StarMasayume » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:45 pm

Hey! I just finished my first amv, and am looking to get it uploaded. So is the Golden Doughnut thing up already or not?

And, when I went into upload new vid it said "ask for permission" -- why is it telling me that and who do I ask? And do I upload a vid first or create a catalogue for it first?

StarMasayume

Postby Scintilla » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:02 am

StarMasayume wrote:Hey! I just finished my first amv, and am looking to get it uploaded. So is the Golden Doughnut thing up already or not?

Yes, it's been up for a few months now. Any video you see listed as having a "LOCAL" link is hosted on the Donut.

StarMasayume wrote:And, when I went into upload new vid it said "ask for permission" -- why is it telling me that and who do I ask? And do I upload a vid first or create a catalogue for it first?

Don't quite know what the permission thing is about, as I can't remember ever having encountered it before. But you do have to enter a video into the catalog before you can upload it.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

PreviousNext

Return to General AMV