Why can't NOBODY do a Hero video right?????

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
The Great Wang
Org Profile

Post by The Great Wang » Sat Jul 06, 2002 2:16 pm

Scott Stapp has an annoying voice.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Re: Why can't NOBODY do a Hero video right?????

Post by FirestormXIII » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:41 pm

Mag Launcher wrote:Anyone who knows anything about music knows creed and nickelback both suck dick.
Mag-That's not a reason, just a statement. It kinda leads me to believe you don't have any real thought behind your dislike.

Sarah-I've got to agree with you on those points. Scott Stapp's got enough arrogance to nuke a small (or large) country. Musically they're getting better (read: their songs don't all sound the same), but they're still beating the message into people's heads with a sledgehammer.

But such is the way with the mass majority of christian music...

EBwiz
Org Profile

Post by EBwiz » Sun Jul 07, 2002 7:25 am

This all sort of goes back to what I was saying about Linkinball Z videos earlier (except the whole "Nickelback sucks, this song sucks" thing. I respect opinions but I think FireStorm has a point here.) It's that the mass majority out there of people who do it (And that's a huge majority) do it so badly, that the ones who can do it right are normally overlooked.

Me, personally? I want to do a DBZ/Gohan video to Hero, and I want to do it right. Sure this seems obvious and unoriginal being Gohan's rediculous portrayl as "Saiyaman", but also because outside of the suit, of all the characters, Gohan was the most super hero like of all of them, usually maintaining a stronger sense of justice at most points (Yes, more so then Goku)... That and I REALLY liked NeoGohan's Gohan tribute to Three Doors Down's "Kryptonite".

Oh, before I get flamed for doing not only a Hero video but to Dragonball Z, I just want it to be known that I'm not just a DBZ fanboy. (Though I am an avid DBZ fan) DBZ is a good anime, on it's own rights, it just got hyped up way, way, way too much.... As do all great things in mass media... :?
Founder of Digital Relay and <A HREF="http://digitalrelay.8m.com/arcadia.html">Arcadia Studios</a>
Anime Music Video Advice AKA: Stuff I learned as a Newbie:
- NEVER use Windows Movie Maker
- NEVER Ask dumb questions

Return to “General AMV”