steping lightly

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:54 am

RyanGlazner wrote:People have been trying to do this for ages, and it hasn't worked. People are comfortable in their narrowmindedness. I include myself in that statement, though I try not to be narrowminded. It's even more pronounced on the internet, because there are no consequences. "Why should I change for you if i'm never going to meet or talk to you?"
Funny, Nailz and I were just having a discussion about that last night in the chat room (I'll get you someday Nailz... :evil: ) Anyway, if you acknowledge the problem, and you acknowledge that you are part of it, why won't you try work on it and accept those around you. A very wise person once told me that the best way to be part of the solution is to stop being part of the problem. I believe it, and I think if you understand all three of those points (There is a problem, you are part of the problem, the solution is in not being part of the problem) then you really have to accept your responsibility and change your attitude. (I’m sorry, I don’t want to come off as a psychologist, but I think the more individual forum veterans I can get to stop flaming the more peaceful our forum can be)
The anime Channel Petition Sign it if you like anime.
My member profile on the org.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

gadoo
Org Profile

Post by gadoo » Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:55 am

trythil wrote: Now, I don't consider this in any way destructive, or wasteful of anyones time. Do you?
I do.....they could talk in the chat room for that.....unless their whole reason was for people to flame them, cause some people have fun pissing other people off.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:55 am

Ashton wrote: But I think that the larger majority of people really do get randomly flamed for such innocent things as "Hi, I'm new and I just wanted to say 'hi!'" Now, I don't consider this in any way destructive, or wasteful of anyones time. Do you?
You'll have to point me to some threads that are like that. I've searched every sub-forum that might have such a thread in it (excluding Off Topic and Way Off Topic, as those are the cesspools of this forum anyway, and you'd expect to find nasty stuff in such places.)

Anyway, to answer your question:

Yes, flames like that are wrong. There is no reason why somebody should be attacked for a greeting.

However, I stand by my opinion that some retorts can be well-deserved.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:58 am

Never mind. I've just found a few.

RyanGlazner
Org Profile

Post by RyanGlazner » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:00 am

Ashton wrote:I think if you understand all three of those points (There is a problem, you are part of the problem, the solution is in not being part of the problem) then you really have to accept your responsibility and change your attitude.
See, this is what I was trying to say. People don't think like this, because the Internet is a no-responsibility no-consequence area, for the most part. People don't think they are responsible for anything.

I do try not to flame people for the most part. The thing is, the newbies that really deserve it are the ones that get the most publicity. I try to only flame (reprimand?) those who are stubbornly ignorant despite efforts to help them, or who post without simple common-sense actions like reading the post titles on that one page at least. There are many good newbies that post intelligently, but the bad ones are the only ones who get noticed.

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:08 am

trythil wrote:However, I stand by my opinion that some retorts can be well-deserved.
Now, we must tread littly on this little subject, because one man's jab is another's stab. Make sure you sprinkle it with smileys and good intention and no one will think bad of you. And best of all, maybe you can think well of yourself for being so mature and all ^_^
I apreciate tehe fact that both you and Ryan are making an effort. It makes me feel that my effort is not in vayne. At least that your hearing me out (I was expecting much worse from this crowd ¬_¬) I think that's really all I wanted to say tonight ^_^
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:09 am

this should have been posted in the off topic forums.... moving along....

no, i don't think those who've posted 100+ posts are negative or hostile....i think its those who've posted 300+ or who are usually spammers of the off topic forums. the off topic forums are usually a place where people vent and when a person who's expecting it to be a place w/ nice people find that its a place with a lot of highly sarcastic people...they get offended. mind you, those who do live in the off topic forums try to branch out and post in the other forums here and usually carry that sarcastic manner where they post. so don't take it too serious when you see a snide comment from those who come here regularly. they are here day to day and they see the same things again and again and you know for yourself that repetition is tiresome. not all of them do this, however, but its just a little clarification. you've probably been offended by someone there...probably me...i wouldn't know...but ususally the people here are a bit lax and don't take much seriously. sarcasm and humour is a must if you want to stay chill here. believe me...

but yeah, i'm just replying to the first post becuase i wasn't up to reading all posts on both pages...

RyanGlazner
Org Profile

Post by RyanGlazner » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:12 am

priuscomet wrote:but yeah, i'm just replying to the first post becuase i wasn't up to reading all posts on both pages...
You didn't read all the replies, the fine print, and the three-hundred page legal document! Flame! Flame :twisted: :wink:

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:14 am

RyanGlazner wrote:You didn't read all the replies, the fine print, and the three-hundred page legal document! Flame! Flame :twisted: :wink:
LOL
Hell yeah, now down with all the piece and love crap! It's time for a good old fashioned org forum style flaming! :twisted:
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:48 am

RyanGlazner wrote:
priuscomet wrote:but yeah, i'm just replying to the first post becuase i wasn't up to reading all posts on both pages...
You didn't read all the replies, the fine print, and the three-hundred page legal document! Flame! Flame :twisted: :wink:
::narrow eyes at you:: :evil:

::takes out evil paper and pets it::

Return to “General AMV”