Opinion rant.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Sporkmaster
Org Profile

Opinion rant.

Post by Sporkmaster » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:12 pm

I have no problem if I get a opinion about the flaws in my videos. In most if not all, what is pointed out needs to be fixed and I like t think that I have corrected it. But with my latest review that I have received I am getting somewhat frustrated

<I>Lack of action. Too much unused potential.

this video could have been much better. My advice = redo it and put a lot more sweat and blood(bad pun, dude ^_^) into it. This COULD be an awsome AMV.</I>

Ok I have to ask is this wanting more effects or just wanting more fighting.?

Because I have a feeling that this is just a issue over not being an action video. I am somewhat upset because I while there are video styles that I like and dislike, I think that it is band form to vote any video simply because you do not like the format regardless of the quality.

If I am off base, please tell me.
When ever in doubt about getting a bad review remember these words; Shut up and make it better.
Xombie!The animated series
Something or other, newest video

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:54 pm

welcome to a-m-v.org. Please refrain from venting about every idiot you encounter, as you would be venting a lot.
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

Sporkmaster
Org Profile

Post by Sporkmaster » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:59 pm

I am not just ranting, I want to see if there is any legit information I can get out of this. That is why I am asking for a second opinion on this.
When ever in doubt about getting a bad review remember these words; Shut up and make it better.

wolf_hunter
Org Profile

Post by wolf_hunter » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:00 am

nailz1000 wrote:welcome to the Org. Please refrain from venting about every idiot you encounter, as you would be venting a lot.

x2

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:08 am

bah i clicked the reply button, but i forgot what i was going to say.

well take ops as critism to help you with future videos. if someone gives you a week op, treat it as it it. week critism. if the person says "i don't like it" or "lack of action" in your case, treat it as their own oppinion and let it go. The type of critism that will help are the ones that tell you what is wrong, or could be wrong with the video. "00:09 - 00:30 was basicly the same scene and you could've made a few cuts. this would probably make the video flow better." that is good. it tells you what the person thought would've made the video beter. now wiether or not you want to listen to them or not is your decision.

Pwolf

PS: i dunno what i just typed so i hope it makes sense and helps you :P

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:12 am

wolf_hunter wrote:
nailz1000 wrote:welcome to the Org. Please refrain from venting about every idiot you encounter, as you would be venting a lot.

x2
x30
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Re: Opinion rant.

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:35 am

Sporkmaster wrote:<I>Lack of action. Too much unused potential.

this video could have been much better. My advice = redo it and put a lot more sweat and blood(bad pun, dude ^_^) into it. This COULD be an awsome AMV.</I>
I have *so* many bells going off in my head after reading that - I bet I know the reviewer. ^_^;;

Anyway, it sounds like the person just didn't like the vid (was bored by it for whatever reason) and couldn't find a concrete *problem* to point out - instead, the person hinted at something 'outside' that you could have caught - this 'unused potential' which isn't defined. And the action reference is the real review - the person was bored because it wasn't fast enough for the short attention span of the viewer.

Keep in mind - what is an 'awesome vid' for most is what that person would love to see. And since this reviewer likes action vids, more action would make it 'awesome' for that viewer.

Take the review, acknowledge that someone got bored by the lack of flash, and do what you want to do in response (either change your style to match what the person wants, or keep up what you like doing). ^_^

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:39 am

Hm... I wouldn't worry about the opinions of others too much... otherwise you are making the video for them instead of yourself... :shock:

Unless you are under contract and getting the $, I wouldn't pay much attention to these comments.

That or go with my editing method: explosions, invert, and additive dissolve flash.
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:45 am

Fluxmeister wrote: That or go with my editing method: explosions, invert, and additive dissolve flash.
You left out the obvious "Cool" filter. :roll:

But yeah, not much you can do about lame ops, just shrug em off.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Sporkmaster
Org Profile

Post by Sporkmaster » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:00 am

Pwolf wrote:bah i clicked the reply button, but i forgot what i was going to say.

well take ops as critism to help you with future videos. if someone gives you a week op, treat it as it it. week critism. if the person says "i don't like it" or "lack of action" in your case, treat it as their own oppinion and let it go. The type of critism that will help are the ones that tell you what is wrong, or could be wrong with the video. "00:09 - 00:30 was basicly the same scene and you could've made a few cuts. this would probably make the video flow better." that is good. it tells you what the person thought would've made the video beter. now wiether or not you want to listen to them or not is your decision.

Pwolf

PS: i dunno what i just typed so i hope it makes sense and helps you :P
Yes it does, I was thinking that there might be something there that was not.

Return to “General AMV”