Under-rated creators

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Beef
Org Profile

Post by Beef » Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:57 am

I am not underrated....... I am not rated at all :(
http://www.sakkakustudios.com - Witness the Illusion
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=16354" target="_blank" class="postlink">ORG Profile</a>

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:43 pm

I personally consider an under rated creator someone who creates half way decent works and gets little credit for it. I would never consider myself an under rated creator because I can't judge myself, because I am obviously biased.

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:56 pm

I think it's pretty pathetic to lable yourself as an under-rated creator. Thats just stupid. I define an under-rated creator as someone who does make top notch work, but gets absolutely no buzz about the video. Imagine, for example, Kevin Caldwell being unknown, save for a few fanboys/girls. That would be an underrated creator scenerio.

To claim oneself as underrated is to say "hey, look at me, I'm an exellent creator, look at my vids!" - I would never be a self proclaimed good creator. I hope people enjoy my videos, but I'm never going to say they're good. Thats not for me to decide. I'm proud of them, and I enjoy making/watching them, but far be it for me to tell the masses that they're enjoyable.
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:48 pm

nailz1000 wrote:To claim oneself as underrated is to say "hey, look at me, I'm an exellent creator, look at my vids!" - I would never be a self proclaimed good creator. I hope people enjoy my videos, but I'm never going to say they're good.
- "I told you I'm not... I'm not the Messiah!"

"Only the true Messiah would deny his divinity"

- "What?!?!!? Well what bloody chance does that give me? Alright, I AM the Messiah."

"He IS!!!! He is the Messiah!!! Hail Messiah!!"

- "Now FUCK OFF"

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:21 pm

I'm not mentioned.

I guess my videos are well known...

^_^
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Methical K
Org Profile

Re: Under-rated creators

Post by Methical K » Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:44 pm

nailz1000 wrote:who do you consider your favorite under rated creator? (No, MJ doesn't count ;D)

Methical K gets my vote on this one.
Thnx for da props

My votes go out to nailz1000, Hypeo bros, Himiko, Akashio, and Zerophite (not sure if he is under-rated)

P.S: I dun consider Flux under-rated at all, how could he be under-rated if everyone knows how good his work is, and yes it is good work :)
"Do nothing which is of no use"
-Miyamoto Musashi

Mechaman
Org Profile

Post by Mechaman » Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:34 pm

An non-Legacy Sol Bianca video? To Mike and the Mechanics?? ::dies

Although if you're going to whip out non-electronic-connected creators, I'll have to toss Ed Sum's name into the hat. Come sail away, indeed.

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:19 pm

Heh. I just found my copy of Jingoro's videos... I know Quu's got them as well, but now it is a race to see who will get his stuff on the web first.

I really, really like that Sol Bianca "Blame" video.

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:30 pm

I agree that Wuwu is underated I like most of his videos. If You haven't seen them look him up under You choose sam the rest.

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"

anneke
Org Profile

Underrated.

Post by anneke » Thu Aug 22, 2002 4:07 pm

Thanks Fungie 1/2. I don't know if I'm under rated, I do know I'm under exposed but that's slowly changing. (Under exposed in that I have sent to far more conventions then my videos have been shown at. I have the worst luck when it comes to getting my videos shown at a contest. If the video actually makes it through the mail, doesn't have technical diffeculties, it usually does pretty good.)

I believe Under-Rated is a person who makes good videos and yet people here (in the forums) would say, who the heck is that? My vote goes to Good Luck Studios/Teri Archibald. How many of you, have heard of her?

I think I have moved out of the underrated creator into the realm where people are not putting two and two together. Meaning they know I made one video they really liked, but don't realize that I also made some other video they liked.

Anneke
Reminds self to send Fungie some of of Teri's stuff.

Return to “General AMV”