People who review thier own AMVs?!

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Rattlesnake6913
Org Profile

People who review thier own AMVs?!

Post by Rattlesnake6913 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:32 pm

(this guys so great he astounds himself. with friends help :)

Member Jimmyen (Jason Wynne) Date Updated Sep 22, 2003

Rankings Orig. Capture Sound Action Lip Effects Effort Re-view Overall
10 7 7 6 7 8 10 9
Good I created it.

Bad I took too long creating it.

General Might as well just go over everything.

Searching the .org, I see only two other videos for SaiKano which are supposed to be funny. Seeing as one of them sucks fat jack-phallus, and the other one is Hsien's, I give myself full points for Originality.

I have some issues with the capture quality, but overall it looks about as good as I usually expect. I didn't exactly have a choice in my delivery of the footage, but it seemed the best that could be done. I mean, I gather it was the exact same method that AbsoluteDestiny and Kusoyaro have used for their SaiKano videos, since they're the ones who helped me through the process, so that's that.

Sound Quality doesn't blow me away, but I don't see how it could be any better. The song used in the video had never been compressed prior to exporting. Again, it's just a case of "it's what I expect."

Editing sync... Sometimes hit and miss, I think. But I get a sort of different impression everytime I watch the video for certain parts.
One part which consistently bugs me is during the guitar solo when the plane crashes into the hill. I don't think I quite got the timing on that right. Otherwise, again, what I expect in a music video.
I would have liked to have been a little more consistent in my use of beats, however, hence the lesser point.

Lip sync is fine, as far as I'm concerned. I don't have any problems with it, but I don't think I used it in any creative sort of way. It's just sort of there where it fits. Another point where I got what I expect.

Uh, does the use of the speech bubbles count as digital effects? I guess it does technically, but that part was so effortless I felt guilty about putting it in, so I left it out.

I worked really hard on the video, except when I took long breaks. Given that, though, I did put a lot of thought into each scene selection and how the video flowed.
I'd like to say it's what I expect, again, but mindless video after mindless video has totally dulled my opinion of the AMV creating public, so I gave myself an extra point.
There are still things I would have liked to improve on, having said that. Certain cuts still just don't feel quite right. But, for cases like that, I tend to just defer to someone else's opinion, and if they say they find no problems with it, I just leave it as it is because, usually, I've already spent hours on that particular segment.

Overall...
The video COULD be better, very probably, but I don't know how, so I gave myself a high score.

Re-viewable... I expected to give myself a low score, because, seriously, I'm tired of this video. But, for some reason, I keep watching it. So go me.
Someone told me it was "addictive" so I'll take that as an indicator that it is a decent re-watch. Addictive is basically as high as you can go, so I gave it full points.

THAT'S THE END!

Creator It's true.
I kick a lot of ass

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:50 pm

At least the creator was rather honest.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:03 pm

Yea so... why do we care...?

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:39 pm

Well.. it is a bit long winded for a self-review and
is that really ok in the first place? I thought while some of-it was true.
For the most part it sounds like self-promotion I can see why
someone might be ticked enough to post this.

fyrtenheimer
Org Profile

Post by fyrtenheimer » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:42 pm

what's wrong with self promotion. isn't that what the amv announcements are for neway?

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:45 pm

Yeah but a small english papers worth of promotion :)

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:46 pm

Well, phade has said its ok to review your own vids... so... bleh

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:11 am

Zarxrax wrote:Well, phade has said its ok to review your own vids... so... bleh
Yeah, like if you don't have any opinions and need one to make the Most Underrated list.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

moonslayer
Org Profile

Post by moonslayer » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:19 am

Zarxrax wrote:Well, phade has said its ok to review your own vids... so... bleh
It's sort of like talking to a wall though. It may be fun, but not the same.

fyrtenheimer
Org Profile

Post by fyrtenheimer » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:23 am

how about:

don't worry about it. no one really gives a shit.

Return to “General AMV”