What Kind of "AMV" are you currently working on.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
TemprateRage
Org Profile

What Kind of "AMV" are you currently working on.

Post by TemprateRage » Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:03 pm

I currently working on an AMV for the PS1 RPG game called "XenoGears" Ive done it to the music of "Flaw" the song is "One More Time" the title of it is "a Broken Mind: The Lost Child" part one. I would like to know what kinda of AMV you are currently working on.
Lies are the Foundation of Society.

http://www.rageamv.net

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:40 pm

One that's really pissing me off.

TekkaRepliroid Zero
Org Profile

Post by TekkaRepliroid Zero » Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:40 pm

One that I'm hoping will leave some people disturbed. :twisted: 8) :D
<i>TekkaRepliroid Zero</i>
I'll Never be the One that she Needs (first DL-able vid, ops appreciated)
"OOW, Why does it huuuuuuurt?!" - Zim
"Ooonly if you dance with meeeee" - GIR

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:41 pm

Just finished my nightwish video set to Eva. Going to start planning And Then There Was Eva - 14:15 of goodness.
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

TemprateRage
Org Profile

Post by TemprateRage » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:28 pm

One that's really pissing me off.

I know what you mean....Argg....i worked on a AMV for a month and even then i couldnt get a couple glitches out...[/quote]
Lies are the Foundation of Society.

http://www.rageamv.net

Nightowl
Org Profile

Post by Nightowl » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:45 pm

I am currently working on a video that explores the ramifications of pop-culture on the sexual revolution - or, rather, evolution, as it may be called today. I am utilizing concepts put forth by German Expressionist and French New Wave filmmakers, as well as underground video artists. The video will also touch upon the more post-modern concept of 4th Wave Feminism, and the impact media has had on society's perception of women. In addition, I will cover the juxtoposition between video and film, pertaining to - although not limited to - women in said media, and the death of the male image as the older sex icons die out. This entails the want of a man's fantasies, even if said fantasies will come back to haunt him (not wanting any part of his sordid, one-track-mind lifestyle). The media I will use ranges from live action to original animation.

I believe that, or rather I hope, the anime music video community will delve into a more conceptual era. The work as of late is, thus far, not very encouraging. I'm hoping that a new wave of AMV will, eventually, be ushered in. At this point, I am incredibly bored. Then again...

Is that enough?

-N

moooooo
Org Profile

Post by moooooo » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:50 pm

I'm working on Boogiepop Phantom to Fantomas - Twin Peaks: Fire walk with me.

It's not going to well, especially since its my first video. Its on the fast train to sucksville.
Are you down with the sound of the Devil's town?

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:54 pm

Nightowl wrote:I am currently working on a video that explores the ramifications of pop-culture on the sexual revolution - or, rather, evolution, as it may be called today. I am utilizing concepts put forth by German Expressionist and French New Wave filmmakers, as well as underground video artists. The video will also touch upon the more post-modern concept of 4th Wave Feminism, and the impact media has had on society's perception of women. In addition, I will cover the juxtoposition between video and film, pertaining to - although not limited to - women in said media, and the death of the male image as the older sex icons die out. This entails the want of a man's fantasies, even if said fantasies will come back to haunt him (not wanting any part of his sordid, one-track-mind lifestyle). The media I will use ranges from live action to original animation.

I believe that, or rather I hope, the anime music video community will delve into a more conceptual era. The work as of late is, thus far, not very encouraging. I'm hoping that a new wave of AMV will, eventually, be ushered in. At this point, I am incredibly bored. Then again...

Is that enough?

-N
Well, depending on how verbose you want to be and/or how snobbish you want to appear, you could describe anything like that.

Heck, you could call DBZ a cutting, postmodernist critique of modern-day power struggles, since everything in that anime seems to be completely relative. Maybe you could throw in a parody of the evils of capitalism in there.

:roll:

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:01 pm

Niche.

Incredibly, pathetically niche. Very little movement, song that sounds like the blood has been drained from it. Working from probably one hour of video, total.

And I'm not doing the song justice. But then few could. :lol:

Basically I'm killing time until I build up my DVD collection to the point where I can actually make something interesting (given, of course, that I come up with an interesting idea - still holding on that one. ;))

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:01 pm

Nightowl wrote:

Is that enough?

-N
Well, I did try to do something very differnet with my last video... wait till you see what I have in store for next year....

Vlad

Return to “General AMV”