Newbies: How to make your first AMV

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Righteous_Pugs
Org Profile

Post by Righteous_Pugs » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:15 am

hey guys, I was wandering, since yall are all so 'mature' in the amv workings, Why don't people use slow songs for there amv's, it just looks like people who have done so have done good but a very few have acually done so. I was thinking of doing a song with a slow pace and just wanted to know if it was a good idea.
"Yet to those who recieved in him, to those who believed in his name. HE gave the right to become children of god. Children born not of natrural desent, nor a humans decision, or a husbands will. But born of GOD."- John 1 12-13

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:22 am

Righteous_Pugs wrote:hey guys, I was wandering, since yall are all so 'mature' in the amv workings, Why don't people use slow songs for there amv's, it just looks like people who have done so have done good but a very few have acually done so. I was thinking of doing a song with a slow pace and just wanted to know if it was a good idea.
As long as you can match the pace of the scenes and editing to the pace of the song, I don't see why not.
(And by that I mean don't use things like high-energy fighting scenes and lots of fast cuts. Basically just common sense.)

Just use a <i>good</i> slow song, so you don't land in the "the audience is now asleep" category. :wink:
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:29 am

I actually found it infinitely harder working with a slow song than fast songs. Though I should clarify that it's not all slow songs that are technically hard; it's the ones where there's no well-defined rhythm section (straight-cut bass and drum beats). Mood-wise, it's just a bit tougher because you'll generally be using slower, longer cuts to the choice of which the audience will pay more attention. But, as with any vid, it's all a matter of good planning and/or good on-the-spot creative and technical thinking.

Anyways, look around, there's plenty of slow videos that have been done.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

WanderingWombat
Org Profile

Post by WanderingWombat » Mon May 02, 2005 12:54 pm

I'll take that challenge.

Yes, I am rife with n00bity, but I am a quick learner, and have about 50 albums withsongs I'd like to see done as AMV's.
Posessions are fleeting... sacrifices are forever.

Deadeye100101
Org Profile

Post by Deadeye100101 » Wed May 04, 2005 1:50 pm

hey i am trying to make a music video for a computer class. I have to use widows movie maker and i was wundering if there is a person that can help me out. for there help i will do something like pay them. So if some one could help id apreaceat it.

Deadeye100101
Org Profile

Post by Deadeye100101 » Wed May 04, 2005 2:01 pm

Never mind

SharinganKakashi0
Org Profile

Slow Amvs

Post by SharinganKakashi0 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:33 pm

Im no expert on slow ones but if you would like to talk to someone who does some slow beat songs talk to AMVfreak he made some pretty good ones slow and fast
Learning Adobe Premire V6 still have Windows movie maker so dont be too harsh on me

dbzpride
Org Profile

amv stuff

Post by dbzpride » Mon May 09, 2005 10:23 am

i get newbies askin me stuff about amvs all the time =P

Kenshinluverr
Org Profile

Post by Kenshinluverr » Tue May 10, 2005 3:28 pm

Well, this was the first place I looked for help on how to make an amv. I don't like wasting time asking questions and I'm really glad some one made this topic. It really helps though I still don't think I could possibly make one. I don't have any anime dvd's and I don't know where you could download clips, and I'm not sure if I have the right stuff to make a video on my pc. lol. (I borrow all the anime I see from friends, or watch it on cartoon network....which is kinda sad....) lol anyway...yeah...so I'm not stupid. I know to look before I ask! :P

Corax_Gump
Org Profile

Downloads

Post by Corax_Gump » Wed May 11, 2005 4:43 pm

Meu ingles é péssimo por isso num vou nem tentar... Pra fazer um Download eu tenho que mandar um amv primeiro?
orax Gump - 8-)

Return to “General AMV”