Animix 4 - START !

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
WilLoW :--)
Org Profile

Animix 4 - START !

Post by WilLoW :--) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:07 am

Ok... There we are, the 4th part of Animix is waiting participants, but please read what is below, I won't even answer to people who don't respect the rules.

First, I'm not the project's coordinator, yet I'm (since this morning) the one who accepts participants. I'm alone to do that (as I am the only one who has access to the site's server) and I also have a life (including a job...). So don't be angry if you don't get a reply 10 minutes after you sent the email, don't be angry if the website isn't up to date, etc...

Shiryu is still responsible for compiling the project and gathering your files. He has a 56k modem and the server is often full... It might take time, moreover he didn't get all tracks for part 3 yet.

===================================
Now for joining the project
===================================

who can participate ?
People who have never participated to the project can join now. It wil be appreciated if you've already done other AMVs. (We don't want absolute newbies)
If you can't understand Ermac and AbsoluteDestiny's guide for video, don't think of joining us. We want high quality footage.

People who have participated to other parts of Animix and have done less than 3 tracks can start joining on 09/19 at 12:00 GMT

People who have participated to other parts of Animix and have done 3 tracks or more can start joining on 09/22 at 12:00 GMT

More info ? Where to join ? blabla... ?

http://www.animixamv.fr.st

What Else ?
READ THE RULES ON THE WEBSITE. I'm tired of people who don't read what is clearly said on "pretty" web pages.

Org Profile

Post by WilLoW :--) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:25 am

Sorry, 12:00 GMT means 12:00 am GMT.
lunch time, if you prefer... (%^&** this am-pm system for reading time...)

zest
Org Profile

Post by zest » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:26 am

*sets sunglases* so let's rock the house
KIZ!

DriftRoots
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoots » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:02 am

This may be a silly question, but... the songs we can sign up for, we can use ANY part of that song?? 30 seconds of it? Are we required to tamper wiht the audio track, make it fade in/out end appropriately etc. or do we just chop chop and hand it over?

Org Profile

Post by WilLoW :--) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:14 am

DriftRoots wrote:This may be a silly question, but... the songs we can sign up for, we can use ANY part of that song?? 30 seconds of it? Are we required to tamper wiht the audio track, make it fade in/out end appropriately etc. or do we just chop chop and hand it over?
In fact this is not a stupid question (but the question of someone who hasn't seen any collaborative amv :)

Animix is a continuous mix. YOU MUST NOT MODIFY the audio file that you downloaded, in any way. You have to edit to the full length of the audio, without fade in/out in the audio or the video.

Animix 1 and 2 have already been released here at .org and are available for download.
Watch them if you want to see how the final "product" looks like, it'll be easier for you to understand why you must not change anything to the audio.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=23067

Warpwind
Org Profile

Post by Warpwind » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:18 am

Ummm according to the site you are supposed to use the specific mp3 that is downloadable from there. If you download a couple in a row you will notice that they blend into each other.

I'm tossing up whether to do this or not myself... I really should be working instead of making amv's... but 30sec sounds so short... argh! it's soooo tempting and I've already found a song and anime I like too (102 don't anyone touch it! just yet anyway) Damn my indecisive self

Org Profile

Post by WilLoW :--) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:19 am

I just understood why you asked this question.
In fact we are not the ones who mix the audio, it's already done. The audio is extracted from a CD and put in one big wave file that has been cut in several songs.

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:12 pm

30 sec..heh..I just now started working on my segment for part 3 (sorry for being lazy) and it's 15 sec. I'm halfway done and I've only worked on it once :) we bop bop boda bo
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

DriftRoots
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoots » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:47 pm

Mkay, another silly question - the tracks you list that can be clicked upon and listened to - is this the segment from that song we're required to use, and we get this from you, there?

Sorry for silliness, I sort of already know the answer...

SeeDTien
Org Profile

Post by SeeDTien » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:10 pm

and the waiting starts..... *yawn*
My Music videos:
<A Href=http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =23687>You and I: In Hell Raping My Girlfriend</a> | <A Href=http://www.livejournal.com/users/seedtien>Check out my live journal</a>

Return to “General AMV”