Sometimes you really SHOULD be honest with your friends...

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Garylisk
Org Profile

Sometimes you really SHOULD be honest with your friends...

Post by Garylisk » Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:13 am

I was at a friend's house the other night. We were watching some anime and some AMVs. He is going on and on about how he found this GREAT amv, and it was one of the best he's ever seen, etc...

I'm a little nervous, because I know this guy is a DBZ fan... he has ALL the DVDs that have come out in America, so to hear him netioning AMVs scares me a little.

So I ask the big question... "What's the AMV?"

He answers: "It's a DBZ video. It's awesome and all the beats are synched up perfectly to the video.. like a blow lands on every beat!"

I am thinking that he is talking about "This is DBZ Life", so I mention it, he says it's not it. I'm back to being scared now. I ask him, afraid, "What's the song they used?"

"THey used "Cure For the Itch" by Linkin Park" he said.

My heart sunk in my chest. The poor bastard's been sucked in. He continued looking for the CD it was on. I was trying to be nice. I tried playing some other AMVs, including "This is DBZ Life", which he had never seen ebfore, to keep him from showing it to me.

But as Linkin Park said, in the end it didn't matter. He couldn't find the CD.

Thank god!

Sometimes I think it's better to be honest with your friends. Next time he talks about LinkinBall Z vids, I'm gonna be forced to tell him the truth about that genre. It's sad, really.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Sat Aug 10, 2002 8:21 am

I know the feeling, I try at every chance to detour anyones efforts to start to worship DBZ and DBZ related amvs. It's hard to convince people, I try my hardest. Most of the time when I introduce people to AMVs I usaully show them my Top Ten Worst things to do in an AMv video so that they know what will get them killed on a-m-v.org.

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Sat Aug 10, 2002 12:31 pm

That's NeoGohan's vid, better not tell the cocky bastard about this :P
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

TekkaRepliroid Zero
Org Profile

Post by TekkaRepliroid Zero » Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:01 pm

The DBZ video set to DJ Culture by Blank and Jones has EXCELLENT sync. I'm not some DBZ fanboy, trust me on this.
<i>TekkaRepliroid Zero</i>
I'll Never be the One that she Needs (first DL-able vid, ops appreciated)
"OOW, Why does it huuuuuuurt?!" - Zim
"Ooonly if you dance with meeeee" - GIR

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:32 pm

I know how you feel...I have only seen a few small select few DBZ videos that are good/half decent.... but I think you should be honest.

But then again everyone will like different things, and if someone like DBZ you shouldn't hold it agaisnt them.

I personally used to watch DBZ up until it got really boring in the Frieza part... then I stoped....

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:45 pm

To cure anyone of a DBZ interest just show them a better fight in a better anime and that should cure them. The beggining fight in shadow skill cured me. As should Vincent and Spike at the end of KOHD.

NicholasDWolfwood
Org Profile

Post by NicholasDWolfwood » Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:15 pm

Show the guy the video "Fathers and Sons" by Akimbo of More Than Toast Productions. It takes an anime like DBZ and turns it around.

Anime: Dragon Ball Z
Song: "Still Fighting It" by Ben Folds

http://www.morethantoast.com/awapage2.htm

First video on the page

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:21 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:To cure anyone of a DBZ interest just show them a better fight in a better anime and that should cure them. The beggining fight in shadow skill cured me. As should Vincent and Spike at the end of KOHD.
The Kenshin OAVs.... any of them... any fight scene...
The anime Channel Petition Sign it if you like anime.
My member profile on the org.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:11 pm

The reason I named those 2 animes is to try to let the comparison be easier between the quality of the the hand to hand combat.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sat Aug 10, 2002 10:59 pm

Hey hey hey no need to be calling anyone a "cocky bastard" here :o . I'd like to know why you think of him that way. Truth is, his "Dark Saga" video is what cured me of Linkinball Z vids. I haven't seen most of his Dragonball Z vids but what I have seen of his other ones are really good. And he seems like a pretty cool guy when I've talked to him.

And garylisk... "sometimes"? Shouldn't you always be honest with your friends? Well actually I shouldn't say that since one of my friends is still hooked with those vids. He has over 3 gigs of purely Linkinball Z vids :shock: . And his hard drive is only 7 gigs. And that's on a modem.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Return to “General AMV”