AMV's with songs that have no lyrics

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

Postby Melfina » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:45 pm

I consider instr. amvs to actually be better if they are done well...emotion is much more important to a amv than some simple follow the story lyric lip sync. Found this one in a search to prove my point

http://salami2.clanpages.com/misc/kano.wmv
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of
Melfina

Postby Hakura » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:49 pm

Humm..well I currently have an Instrumental video planned ^^ and its going to be a challenge....but I can't wait to start working oon it ^^
Hakura

Postby Melfina » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:50 pm

sigh, horrible quality, lemme get a better one up
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of
Melfina

Postby Melfina » Sun Aug 04, 2002 2:18 pm

Note: New link is
<a href="http://salami2.clanpages.com/misc/kano320.wmv">320k</a>[/url]
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of
Melfina

Postby Patches » Sun Aug 04, 2002 6:32 pm

Anyone who says instrumental videos can't be as good as lyrical ones obviously hasn't seen Kevin Caldwell's "Caffeine Encomium".
"If I had a nickel for every time I heard that..."
"You'd have a dime."
Patches

Postby kthulhu » Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:06 pm

Well,I never dissed them. I just said they could be harder to make.
I'm out...
kthulhu

Postby acomalas » Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:47 am

Kevin Caldwell's Caffeine Enconium (or however you spell it) is a very good video, but I have to say that the video Melfina picked out truly does justice for instrumental works. Thats Maboroshi for you

I think that most people are aprehensive about instrumental music videos because they simply don't listen to as much instrumental music. Either that or too many music video makers ride on lyrics instead of the music, and can't do without. Seen plenty of that..

Anyways, if you don't listen to much instrumental music, its hard to imagine other people being interested. And while its all well and good to make music videos for yourself, nothing helps navigating uncharted terrority like people telling you, "OK, that doesn't suck! now stop talking to me!" If it weren't for those I'd probably not have finished my first video, much less be a winner at-OUCH, what the...oh

Seems my attention span has reached the perimeter, and thus is about to receive horrible electric shocks through its remote collar, so I better wrap this up. After reading this thread I think I might try my hand at finishing an instrumental piece. I'll probably try something from the String Tribute to Tool to make it interesting
acomalas

Postby projekt_navi » Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:45 am

maybe perhaps some are called " trance " ... 0_0
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:
projekt_navi

Postby CaTaClYsM » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:29 pm

so here's another question for you, is it better to go with the beat of the music, or the lead instrument. or in the case of a song with lyrics the lyrics.
CaTaClYsM

Postby FurryCurry » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:33 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:so here's another question for you, is it better to go with the beat of the music, or the lead instrument. or in the case of a song with lyrics the lyrics.

Seems to me that would be a matter of the creator's personal taste, and depends on your personal vision/concept for the video.
FurryCurry

Postby JCD » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:52 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:so here's another question for you, is it better to go with the beat of the music, or the lead instrument. or in the case of a song with lyrics the lyrics.

i prefer to go with the background beat in instrumental songs, otherwise I go with the lyrics.
JCD
Lord of the Dance

Postby Jamee » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:09 am

f you're looking for a good instrumental video, try JHU Battousai's "Citius, Artius, Fortius" video done to the Olympic theme.
Jamee

Postby Eek-1 » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:44 pm

Well, for me it's more flexible to work with just the instruments than including the lyrics, because instrumental music don't contain specific story. I can insert whatever footage I want in a sequence (I can even make my own story, or none at all) as long as it follows the beat/mood, genre, and the whole mv looks very logical.

If I work with a song, I have to take care of both! Comedy songs maybe an exception.
Eek-1

Postby OmniStrata » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:17 pm

How about a compromise?

Music with lyrics that have LONG instrumental sections between verses!

^_^
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV
OmniStrata

Postby JCD » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:03 pm

OmniStrata wrote:How about a compromise?

Music with lyrics that have LONG instrumental sections between verses!

^_^

these songs are working good, because you can build in a fight between the storyline. if the instrumental part is near the end of the song, the final-fight works very good and then the big drama scene in the end of the song.............. one method how I'm making videos....
JCD
Lord of the Dance

PreviousNext

Return to General AMV