AMV's with songs that have no lyrics

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Melfina
Org Profile

Post by Melfina » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:45 pm

I consider instr. amvs to actually be better if they are done well...emotion is much more important to a amv than some simple follow the story lyric lip sync. Found this one in a search to prove my point

http://salami2.clanpages.com/misc/kano.wmv
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:49 pm

Humm..well I currently have an Instrumental video planned ^^ and its going to be a challenge....but I can't wait to start working oon it ^^

Melfina
Org Profile

Post by Melfina » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:50 pm

sigh, horrible quality, lemme get a better one up
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of

Melfina
Org Profile

Post by Melfina » Sun Aug 04, 2002 2:18 pm

Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of

Patches
Org Profile

Post by Patches » Sun Aug 04, 2002 6:32 pm

Anyone who says instrumental videos can't be as good as lyrical ones obviously hasn't seen Kevin Caldwell's "Caffeine Encomium".
"If I had a nickel for every time I heard that..."
"You'd have a dime."

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:06 pm

Well,I never dissed them. I just said they could be harder to make.
I'm out...

acomalas
Org Profile

Post by acomalas » Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:47 am

Kevin Caldwell's Caffeine Enconium (or however you spell it) is a very good video, but I have to say that the video Melfina picked out truly does justice for instrumental works. Thats Maboroshi for you

I think that most people are aprehensive about instrumental music videos because they simply don't listen to as much instrumental music. Either that or too many music video makers ride on lyrics instead of the music, and can't do without. Seen plenty of that..

Anyways, if you don't listen to much instrumental music, its hard to imagine other people being interested. And while its all well and good to make music videos for yourself, nothing helps navigating uncharted terrority like people telling you, "OK, that doesn't suck! now stop talking to me!" If it weren't for those I'd probably not have finished my first video, much less be a winner at-OUCH, what the...oh

Seems my attention span has reached the perimeter, and thus is about to receive horrible electric shocks through its remote collar, so I better wrap this up. After reading this thread I think I might try my hand at finishing an instrumental piece. I'll probably try something from the String Tribute to Tool to make it interesting

projekt_navi
Org Profile

Post by projekt_navi » Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:45 am

maybe perhaps some are called " trance " ... 0_0
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:29 pm

so here's another question for you, is it better to go with the beat of the music, or the lead instrument. or in the case of a song with lyrics the lyrics.

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:33 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:so here's another question for you, is it better to go with the beat of the music, or the lead instrument. or in the case of a song with lyrics the lyrics.
Seems to me that would be a matter of the creator's personal taste, and depends on your personal vision/concept for the video.

Return to “General AMV”