So, what is a spoiler? (Love Hina Spoiler, I think)

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Vengance
Org Profile

So, what is a spoiler? (Love Hina Spoiler, I think)

Post by Vengance » Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:04 pm

I'm new here, and I hope this hasn't been addressed before, but if it has, please point me to where. Thanks.

How much exactly is a spoiler?

WARNING: Love Hina "Spoiler" ahead. (TV series)

Tons of LH vids have "The kiss" in them, would you call this a spoiler? I mean, you know it's going to happen, but it's a big part of the show. It's not like you find out that keitaro is a secret agent for the french governtment and is actually in love with Haruka or anything. What about at the end of the OAV?

WARNING: Love Hina "Spoiler" ahead. (OAV series)

Well, if you could call it that- He actually does love Naru, and you see the "adult kiss." I've got that in my video, is that a spoiler? I really see it as just a confirmation really. Again, what do you think?

I guess I would look at the word "spoiled" and think to myself if it really would spoil it for someone. Would seeing either of those really spoil it for someone? There are some shows that have obious spoilers in them ("how does Anikin Skywalker lose that dang hand! Better watch that machinery!") So how much is too much to be called a spoiler? I'm really not sure yet, so hence, I ask your opinions so I can try to make up mine.
WaV

Rogue_Shadow
Org Profile

interesting

Post by Rogue_Shadow » Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:35 pm

There isn't really a solid answer to that, as some people can't catch things in a series that others may think as obvious. On a side note, saying that Anakan lost his arm because of the machinery doesn't work to well when trying to describe an obvious spoiler because *watch out, spoiler for those who haven't seen the movie* Anakan doesn't loose his arm to the heavy machinery...
Don't make me come over there.

Vengance
Org Profile

Post by Vengance » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:02 am

Sorry about that arm thing, my point in that was that they were trying to fake you out because everyone knows he has to loose his arm. So before hand many people knew, and some thought they knew a spoiler. But did that spoil the movie? I guess that's off topic though.
WaV

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:57 am

Damnit!...You spoiled the show for me Jackass!...I hate you!....HATE YOU!!!!!! :cry:

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:32 am

A fairly easy spoiler to figure out is if you show a main or important character dying. But generally spoilers are things that if you watched would easily give away a major plot point.

Personally I don't really care about spoilers because I enjoy seeing how they get there. But some people hate them.
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:49 am

AHh you spoiled it for me too!!! I...oh wait, I wasn't planning on ever watching that series anyways. z.z
paizuri wrote:A fairly easy spoiler to figure out is if you show a main or important character dying. But generally spoilers are things that if you watched would easily give away a major plot point.

Personally I don't really care about spoilers because I enjoy seeing how they get there. But some people hate them.
Heh heh, what if a vid shows you how they got there, and what happends then as well... Would you still not care then? Or will you turn into a purple naked elephant with the voice of Nicholas Cage in a gut-reaction frenzy? :P

"NooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOoOoOOoO!!" :wink:

Almost anything can be a spoiler to a certain degree to almost everyone, it's a tough call.

Melfina
Org Profile

Post by Melfina » Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:50 am

how can you possibly spoil an anime...I mean most of the time you already know exactly what is going to happen. Unless its a anime movie, in which you just turn your head:)
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:57 am

Anime isn't *always* predictable. In any case, even if it's obvious that someone is going to die, it's not always obvious when you first see them in the anime.

Sure, later on you might think "oh yeah, he's goin down" but if you saw an amv where you saw that character die you'd have it in the back of your mind from the very start. That's very much a spoiler.

Melfina
Org Profile

Post by Melfina » Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:59 am

I want to see an anime where they kill off the main char, and continue it on with another one, no not a new main char, well sort of, but using one of the chars that has been in the series or movie the entire time. One thing alot of anime's lack is the affer effects of the events that happen. Can someone say robots in motion:)
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:01 am

I could tell you which anime have this happen, but it'd be a spoiler.

Return to “General AMV”