What should we do?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
silver_moon
Org Profile

What should we do?

Post by silver_moon » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:18 am

Ok, as some of you know, both me and Sierra Lorna make anime music videos and are twin sisters... we both use the same footage, the same computers, the same editing programs, and see the same videos and anime. Because of this, our videos end up looking very similar. There are lots of people who don't seem to realize that Dark Moon Studios and Premonition Studios are different people. Sierra just recently received an e-mail about her videos, and the sender asked about "her" La Soldier video (which I made).

A lot of confusion is probably added by the fact that we share the same website. It is actually a site for Premonition Studios (Sierra's studio) while a little corner of it is for my studio, Dark Moon Studios.

We would like people to recognize the fact that we are different people who make different videos. A solution would be having our names, Silver Moon and Sierra Lorna, under one studio name, but we already have our seperate studio names at the start of each of our videos and don't really have a good way to just change the logos.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we should do about this situation?
ImageImage

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:22 am

Kill your sister?

:-D

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:22 am

Yeah, this is all getting really annoying. That e-mail asking about your La Soldier video wasn't the first time that happened either. And I'm NOT getting rid of my studio name or logo!!

What I'm actually worried about is people thinking I copied Silver Moon or something. I've had a few people mention in opinions that my videos remind them of some of hers.

This is all so frustrating. :( I don't know... should we go under the same studio name? I'm not sure if even that would help. Normally other people under the same studio name get mixed up as well.

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:26 am

Kill your sister?
I heard that, Jbone. :)

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:29 am

Sierra Lorna wrote:
Kill your sister?
I heard that, Jbone. :)
OK, then <I>you</I> kill your sister. ;-)

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:30 am

Well, better to converge your studios now, rather than later.
Can you just put up a page on the one you want to abandon with a message similar to the post you just made? that would explain it to 90% of the people on the net...

Better sooner than Later...

Sorry for any typing of grammatical errors, I'm REALLY drunk right now.
My Eyes Are The Victim's Eyes.
My Hands Are The Assailant's Hands.

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:34 am

That would solve problems, but there would still be the logos at the front or ends of the videos belonging to the dropped studio.

Like if I dropped Dark Moon Studios and we made it Premonition Studios, all of my previous videos would still have the Dark Moon Studios logo... that would lead to even more confusion for people who don't read the post.
ImageImage

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:37 am

silver_moon wrote:That would solve problems, but there would still be the logos at the front or ends of the videos belonging to the dropped studio.

Like if I dropped Dark Moon Studios and we made it Premonition Studios, all of my previous videos would still have the Dark Moon Studios logo... that would lead to even more confusion for people who don't read the post.
Yes, that's harsh, but if you just have a redirect as the frontpage of the name you don't want to keep, you can m,ove on, and drop the other name ina few years.

Sorry, I don't have a better Idea. :oops:
My Eyes Are The Victim's Eyes.
My Hands Are The Assailant's Hands.

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:42 am

OK, then you kill your sister.
Brilliant idea. I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

We could possibly merge under my name, Premonition. That would mean Silver Moon having to remaster all of her videos and change all of her bumpers. If she wants to that's fine with me, but it would be a real pain for her to go and do all that.

If possible, I'd like to keep both of our studio names separate.

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:46 am

I think it would be best if we merged our studios; our videos are so similar anyway. Our names should be connected in some way because of our videos' similarity.

I don't think it would be possible to change all of the studio logos in my old FF videos; they are all already encoded with the project files deleted. Plus, I don't want to risk trying to take them down then putting back up all of my old videos on Winsite again, since I'm not supposed to be putting music videos on Winsite anway...

I could, however, change my logo on my two newest videos and all of the projects after that.
ImageImage

Return to “General AMV”