'TRUE' Anime Music Videos on DVD

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

'TRUE' Anime Music Videos on DVD

Postby rubyeye » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:48 pm

A number of titles have added music videos as extras. From what I've compiled these include:

Escaflowne
Saber Marionette J
Agent Aika
Devil Hunter Yohko
Ranma 1/2
Key The Metal Idol
Onegai Teacher (not released yet but there is a MV/promo vid out)

I call these 'TRUE' only to distinguish them from what we do because they use an actual soundtrack from the show, usually an extended version of the opening.

If anyone can add to this list, I would like to know if other Anime titles have created 'music videos' as extras in the DVD release?

I know there is the HELLSING 0 (zero) which is more like a trailer but you can't deny the exquisite editing!
rubyeye

Postby infest » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:57 pm

perfect blue had a really bad video on the dvd i think.
Blunt your mind.
infest

Postby Cosmos Studio » Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:00 pm

Fushigi Yuugi had a series of music video's profiling character w. character songs. ^^

I'm not sure if or how they were released on DVD, being that I have them from a fansub ages ago (like 4 years now ^^; )
~Cosmos
Cosmos Studio

Postby ssj_100 » Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:06 pm

the perfect blue video is actually the vid where u see them sing at the beginning of the show without the cut scenes of when Mima was shopping etc. I think it alright and the dvd has both of the english and japanese versions
ssj_100

Postby BigshotSpike » Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:15 pm

There's one on the first Boogiepop Phantom DVD, which is actually pretty good. The editing is very tight.

Ummm...There's one on the Kite DVD as well. But all the music video is is a bunch of explosions and people getting shot set to some bad techno music.
BigshotSpike

Postby Castor Troy » Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:31 pm

Cowboy Bebop had a crappy amv of tank.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby afleetinghope » Mon Jul 29, 2002 5:11 pm

Vandread Integral OVA has a weird one.
afleetinghope

Postby afleetinghope » Mon Jul 29, 2002 5:12 pm

Whoops, forgot about the X promo vid.
afleetinghope

Postby Eek-1 » Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:04 pm

Initial D: 1st r2 dvd boxset included all openings & endings w/o the credits, plus a few very short eurobeat music videos.
Eek-1

Postby VegettoEX » Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:06 am

Cosmos Studio wrote:Fushigi Yuugi had a series of music video's profiling character w. character songs. ^^

I'm not sure if or how they were released on DVD, being that I have them from a fansub ages ago (like 4 years now ^^; )
~Cosmos

Yeah, the "Fushigi Yuugi" boxset contains all the character image profile music videos that everyone had on fansubs years ago :D. I'm tempted to say they're in the second boxset, but I don't remember exactly, for sure...
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] - [| AnimeNEXT AMV Contest Coordinator |] ::
:: [| Daizenshuu EX (website/podcast) |] - [| AMV Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: I'm Above The Age Of 10 And I Like Pokemon |] ::
VegettoEX

Postby FirestormXIII » Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:18 pm

Hellsing had an anime music video on it...of sorts. Really it was just mostly random scenes to music, IMO.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.
FirestormXIII

Postby VegettoEX » Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:18 am

FirestormXIII wrote:Hellsing had an anime music video on it...of sorts. Really it was just mostly random scenes to music, IMO.

Yeah, that's what the "corporate" anime music videos tend to be. They use music (from the anime) and use scenes (from the anime) to make... filler material. Obviously these people have a deadline, and probably get asked to make them a week or so BEFORE that deadline, which is why they almost always are lame :D.

For example, the Tasuki music video on the FY DVD is.. Tasuki's image song to random scenes of Tasuki.

These AMVs aren't going to an AMV audience; they're going to the audience that'll like anything to do with the show, because they're the ones BUYING the show ^^.

I can't say I've watched any of them lately, but I'd be interested in knowing if any of the "official" music videos released are anything resembling the fan-made ones (that is, telling a new story, timing, etc).
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] - [| AnimeNEXT AMV Contest Coordinator |] ::
:: [| Daizenshuu EX (website/podcast) |] - [| AMV Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: I'm Above The Age Of 10 And I Like Pokemon |] ::
VegettoEX

Postby Hitori » Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:48 pm

Excel Saga DVD 1 has 2 videos on it.... (They are spoof music video trailers.) :lol: I think....
ImageImage
Hitori

Postby risika » Wed Jul 31, 2002 6:09 pm

some of the sailormoon english dubs on dvd (*shivershiver*) had videos...
risika

Postby projekt_navi » Wed Jul 31, 2002 7:54 pm

I thought all Anime Trailers in DVD were always the best ...

yea castor, the cowboy bebop trailer wasn't all great ...

hellsing one was weird as hell ...
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:
projekt_navi

Next

Return to General AMV