Question for Mexican Junior

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

Question for Mexican Junior

Postby Jamee » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:29 pm

I recently downloaded your Sakura Wars 3 video (loved it, by the way!) and showed it to my sister because I wanted her to hear the song (She's a big Austin Powers fan). She wondered if they added lyrics to the theme from Austin Powers to make the song, or if the Austin Powers team just took the lyrics off an existing song and used the background music. Do you know? We tried to look for info on the band but we couldn't find any at our usual sources.

On a related note, my sister (who is not an anime fan) asked me what Sakura Wars was about. I told her that it was a historical dating simulation game where you get to fight demons with giant robots. She was without words. It's really hard to explain anime concepts to the non-otaku crowd.
Jamee

Postby temjin » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:41 pm

www.goats.cx has everything you need
temjin

Postby CaTaClYsM » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:49 pm

soneone mod this guy :evil:
CaTaClYsM

Postby jbone » Sun Jul 28, 2002 11:00 pm

Hey, Jamee, you ever think to e-mail or PM MexicanJunior, instead of just posting your provate message to him in this public forum? :-D
jbone

Postby priuscomet » Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:27 am

CaTaClYsM wrote:soneone mod this guy :evil:

how long have i been trying to say this...?

::turns and looks at everyone::

how long have i been trying to say this?!?! TOO DAMN LONG!!!
priuscomet

Postby CaTaClYsM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:30 am

ty
CaTaClYsM

Postby priuscomet » Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:31 am

:?:

.....eh?
priuscomet

Postby CaTaClYsM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:00 am

never mind
CaTaClYsM

Postby priuscomet » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:24 am

>_<

lol
priuscomet

Re: Question for Mexican Junior

Postby mexicanjunior » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:20 pm

Jamee wrote:I recently downloaded your Sakura Wars 3 video (loved it, by the way!) and showed it to my sister because I wanted her to hear the song (She's a big Austin Powers fan). She wondered if they added lyrics to the theme from Austin Powers to make the song, or if the Austin Powers team just took the lyrics off an existing song and used the background music. Do you know? We tried to look for info on the band but we couldn't find any at our usual sources.

Hey Jamee, thanks for watching my vid. ^_^ The song actually came out before Austin Powers was made up (late 80's I believe). I'm pretty sure the rap song samples from an older song and I believe Quincy Jones took parts of that old song and ceated the Austin Powers theme when the movie appeared. Unfortunately, I don't know who made the original version of it. :(
mexicanjunior

Postby Jamee » Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:30 pm

Thanks for the info, Mexican Junior :D
Jamee

Postby Wonka » Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:13 am

jbone wrote:Hey, Jamee, you ever think to e-mail or PM MexicanJunior, instead of just posting your provate message to him in this public forum? :-D

Whats provate ?
Wonka

Return to General AMV