MomoCon 2024: AMVs on Stage Concert

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

MomoCon 2024: AMVs on Stage Concert

Post by Kireblue » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:54 pm

MomoCon is pleased to announce that our AMVs on Stage: Live Performance Concert is returning for 2024! This year, we'll be working with YouTubers Jonathan Young, OR3O, and also NemRaps, and Ben Schulle from NerdOut to showcase videos edited specifically for the event accompanied by music performed live on our concert stage. And so we're putting out an open call for editors to create new and exciting AMVs for it. Anyone selected to have their videos showcased will receive a free 4-day membership to MomoCon 2024! Note: Due to time restraints for the concert, we'll be prioritizing videos made by editors who will be in attendance.

Submission Deadline: May 8th
Concert Date: Saturday, May 25th @ 2:30 PM

How this works
  • 1. Editors will select songs from the music catalogs of the following performers: 2. Selected songs should primarily feature the vocals of one or more of the performers mentioned above.

3. A song may not be reserved by more than one editor (even if it has a different performer). So with this in mind, editors will need to notify me of which songs they are "claiming" so that it can be reserved in this spreadsheet. Editors are limited to no more than 2 reservations.

4. All forms of animation may be used for your video, and a series may be used multiple times by multiple editors.

5. Audio cuts or modifications to the music will not be allowed. If you choose to edit a song, you must edit it in its entirety.

6. To maintain audio consistency, we recommend that you edit your videos with audio purchased from either Apple Music or Amazon. Songs only available on YouTube may be considered on a case-by-case basis.  

7. All videos must be completed by Wednesday, May 8th. Editors are also expected to periodically upload betas and WIPs (work in progress) of their videos.

8. If a submitted video fails to meet reasonable quality or encoding standards, it may be excluded from the concert. Also, in the case of MomoCon receiving too many videos to showcase during the event, some videos may be cut for time.
After you finish editing your video, you'll send it to me, and I'll request an instrumental/non-vocal version of your song from the corresponding performer. I'll then swap out your video's audio with the instrumental track, render it as a 1080p H.264 MP4, and make it available for you and the performers to review.

During the concert, the instrumental version of your video will be played, and the performers will sing over it to provide the vocals.
_________

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. And don't forget that any video finished by our April 23rd AMV & V-MIX Competition deadline is encouraged to participate in that as well. We look forward to seeing all your videos :awesome:

ComplicatedMuse
Org Profile

Re: MomoCon 2024: AMVs on Stage Concert

Post by ComplicatedMuse » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:51 pm

This is so cool!
I'm curious why does the follow matter? Wouldn't the artist have an instrumental track that's consistent for all their songs? Whatever audio that's originally used with the edit won't be used at the concert, if I understood how this works correctly...
6. To maintain audio consistency, we recommend that you edit your videos with audio purchased from either Apple Music or Amazon. Songs only available on YouTube may be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:04 pm

ComplicatedMuse wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:51 pm
This is so cool!
I'm curious why does the follow matter? Wouldn't the artist have an instrumental track that's consistent for all their songs? Whatever audio that's originally used with the edit won't be used at the concert, if I understood how this works correctly...
Performers sometimes have slightly different renditions of their songs on YouTube compared to the official release available to purchase.

margerynewcomb
Org Profile

Post by margerynewcomb » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:04 am

Are there any specific guidelines for the video format and resolution?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:05 am

margerynewcomb wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:04 am
Are there any specific guidelines for the video format and resolution?
1080p MP4 is the preferred format and resolution

vivafruit
Org Profile

Post by vivafruit » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:43 pm

This is a really cool idea and I'm definitely interested. While I was listening I noticed that OR3O frequently has a male singer on her CLOVER album. Will he be at Momo, or should I only pick songs where OR3O herself is singing?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:13 am

vivafruit wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:43 pm
This is a really cool idea and I'm definitely interested. While I was listening I noticed that OR3O frequently has a male singer on her CLOVER album. Will he be at Momo, or should I only pick songs where OR3O herself is singing?
Only the songs performed by OR3O herself will be available to choose from.

Return to “General AMV”