The Pointlessness of TikTok/Shorts EDITs

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Fumbann
Org Profile

Re: The Pointlessness of TikTok/Shorts EDITs

Post by Fumbann » Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:09 pm

This is the first time I've actually read someone acknowledging how strange these edits actually are. I've always thought I was the odd one for not understanding them, even though I'm fairly young too.
Bote wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:38 pm
For that to happen, you need to understand why the current impactful content is impactful.
I have my own theories as to why I think they're popular (though I won't ever get why THIS popular) I don't use Tiktok, but I remember that before tiktok was a thing, these edits seemed to appear on Instagram first (I only noticed them around 2017-2018(?).
What always stood out to me was how it was rather focused on looking cool than anything else. Like you said before, it's not looking for any intellectual or emotional response, instead it's just visual stimulation. To have a cool vibe, basically. Not to get too carried away, but I also link it to the whole 'aesthetic-ification' of everything on the internet these past years.

I think it's also worth noting that consuming anime has changed a lot from 2000's to 2010's to now 2020's. It's also been really normalized to watch anime, so there's a lot of people new to it and searching/being recommended what to watch.
I think the typical viewer of these videos is probably more like scrolling through FYP mindlessly -> Cool anime clip of cool character doing cool thing with cool music -> discover said anime or music and like it -> save the video to remember checking it out later -> repeat cycle

I think it's partly that, and there's also people who genuinely enjoy editing it to show appreciation for certain characters, you can think of it like fancams but for fictional characters isnetad of kpop idols or celebrities.
Somos cuerpos delirantes, melodías con sabor.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: The Pointlessness of TikTok/Shorts EDITs

Post by Mol » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:12 pm

Hmm people like simple stuff, it's kinda off topic but like Bleach new season release when imo it all should have ended at main arc last boss. :shrug:

This might give some insight , tho not anime centered.
Still better than that MMO.

Return to “General AMV”