Old AMVs and how to find them

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
seasons
Org Profile

Re: Old AMVs and how to find them

Post by seasons » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:40 pm

This is not an old AMV by any means, it might been uploaded to YouTube 2-4 years ago?

I thought I added it to my favorites or my "to watch" list but I'm not seeing it on there, nor am I even sure what account I was logged in to when I watched it. I don't have hours to look through my watch history. Yes, it might take that long.

Medium-length Evangelion video, 60% sure it had footage from the new films but I'm also 40% not sure of that so...

The music was not listed in credit descriptions. The uploader put nothing at all in the description field. It was rap music. The rapper sounded a lot like Vast Aire but I wasn't totally sure. But I really wanted to come back to the AMV later and try to use methods to check for that!

The video was 2-4 minutes long. You might laugh at me providing that information like it's NOT helpful but... actually it is, so there.

There were lots of scenes of Shinji walking around. There might have been other stuff too. There were regular intervals of the screen just going black for a second or two. This was synced to the music, but it wasn't overused (imho)

This entry will probably not get anyone here to find it but if I don't put this down somewhere NOW then I'm definitely going to forget about it forever for sure.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:01 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=44588&p=634569#p634569

I need to see this but of course the site hosting it is ancient history and not online anymore.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:30 pm

Been going down memory lane with a friend who was into the AMV scene at cons back in ye olden days lately, and we have been trying to remember and find a bunch of older AMVs we loved. Had drive crashes and lost burned DVDs alongside my chaotic life in the later 2000's led to a ton of my massive collection being lost.

Does anyone have a copy of the vault backed up anywhere that is accessible?

Also, does anyone have a copy of this one?
Soul Eater - Evil Walks
"Evil Walks" by AC/DC
Soul Eater
Damage.com
Listed on this old Anime Boston 2009 thread, but I can't find any link to the video itself anywhere.

Cheers!
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

menvael
Org Profile

Post by menvael » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:21 pm

Figured I'd try here I saw this amv I want to say a few months ago it featured testament of Sister New devil tournament. It had I think nightcore versions of You're gonna go far kid by the offspring, outside by Calvin Harris and unity by Alan walker

It was I think around 6 to 8 minutes long and covered the last 2 or 3 fights and the it starts with Lars vs Maria and goes through Mio searching Basara's mind.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:18 am

Garylisk wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:30 pm
Been going down memory lane with a friend who was into the AMV scene at cons back in ye olden days lately, and we have been trying to remember and find a bunch of older AMVs we loved. Had drive crashes and lost burned DVDs alongside my chaotic life in the later 2000's led to a ton of my massive collection being lost.

Does anyone have a copy of the vault backed up anywhere that is accessible?
I have A LOT of what was in the vault, because I hosted it temporarily for a while. Maybe not everything that was in there at its peak, but I even have some of the early 90s stuff. I'm not sure where we would go about hosting it these days. On the one hand, cloud storage is massive, but on the other hand, our corporate overlords are nosier than ever. Maybe a NextCloud instance? I'm happy to share what I have from a given date backwards.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:28 pm

Does anyone have any videos by the editor "Dr Stoned"?

https://www.animemusicvideos.org/member ... r_id=11378

Their AMVs are very, very old and they have not logged in to the Org in 7 years.

I'm posting this mostly for myself since I know that none of the people who DO have this stuff are going to read this, but this will still serve as a running tally for old AMVs that I'm looking for and it will bump the thread to keep it from being locked.

Return to “General AMV”