someone reuploaded my amv what do i do? T_T

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Flocci
Org Profile

someone reuploaded my amv what do i do? T_T

Post by Flocci » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:31 am

I just found out someone had video captured a slightly cropped and very out of sync version of my amv... they even used the same title as me LOL
I'm not too sure what to do in this situation
I'm not even sure if i'm in the right part of the forums lol.

Am I allowed to report them? should I contact the re-uploader first? I'm just slightly annoyed because they didn't even mention me or my video, and I put quite a bit of time and effort into it :(

i guess this is why editors put in their names etc into the amv... I just never thought with my amv I'd be in this position.

My AMV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyK8z97JIzQ
THE PERPETRATOR!! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9DO3KacvDI

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: someone reuploaded my amv what do i do? T_T

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:03 am

To be honest, this is what happens with YouTube....a lot.
Even if you put your name on your AMV watermark (please don't do that, it looks horrible...just stick with credits) it's rather easy to crop out. Considering they cropped the top and bottom of the AMV already, I doubt they'd care much if you had your name hanging around the corner of the video.
Typically when this happens posting on the AMV and calling the thief out does the trick. They tend to be a rather spineless lot. If they block you you could have some friends post and call them out too. If you really want to, you can give them a strike.
Honestly though, most thieves don't really get too far. Even though they've stolen your video, the quality is crap, they've got text all over it, they've cut it, and it's got a whole 30 views. If for whatever reason they won't take it down, don't stress about it too much. At this level, they're practically the smelly homeless guy with the trenchcoat that is trying to show you their stuff for sale.

Also, welcome to AMV editing :D You made something steal-able! Congrats! The next level is making an AMV big enough that people rip off your idea and claim it as their own.

Flocci
Org Profile

Post by Flocci » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:46 pm

LOL YEAH i didn't want to watermark because it distracts. I thought it was pretty funny that they took it because imo it wasnt as good as it could be. thank you for the feedback (´∀`)♡

Xophilarus
Org Profile

Post by Xophilarus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:00 pm

This just happens all the time. Usually what I do is just use it as an excuse to mess around with them. I've complemented the AMV before with them totally buying into it and saying "wow thanks :DDD" and I've made really sarcastic comments before and it is all just super fun and hilarious. Sometimes they get super apologetic and remove it, sometimes they get super angry and rage, and sometimes they panic and remove the account. So yeah, just use it as a way to have some fun.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa. They already took it down.

Told you that they were spineless :P

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:06 pm

I've got an amv i uploaded on my channel, and it has 2,518 views, other people have uploaded it one has 134.872 views, at least that person said i made it.

exkcal
Org Profile

Post by exkcal » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:49 pm

Farlo wrote:I've got an amv i uploaded on my channel, and it has 2,518 views, other people have uploaded it one has 134.872 views, at least that person said i made it.

Link plz

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:53 pm

exkcal wrote:
Farlo wrote:I've got an amv i uploaded on my channel, and it has 2,518 views, other people have uploaded it one has 134.872 views, at least that person said i made it.

Link plz

Here.

exkcal
Org Profile

Post by exkcal » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:55 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
exkcal wrote:

Link plz

Here.

I thought this was a safe place.

:shrug:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:57 pm

exkcal wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:
exkcal wrote:

Link plz

Here.

I thought this was a safe place.

:shrug:

Awwwww, sweetie <3 You know I'd never tell a lie and hurt you.

Return to “General AMV”