Your scene selection process for full series ?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Dragonrider1227
Org Profile

Re: Your scene selection process for full series ?

Post by Dragonrider1227 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:54 pm

I agree. Hearing everyone's creative process is very interesting. I agree with Bauzi. Looking for the right clips is the most tedious part of AMV editing. Especially if it's an anime I'm not so familiar with. For them I have a similar method as everyone else. I watch the anime and take notes at what exact moments I want to use before converting for editing. For animes I DO know, I tend to have a good idea what clips I want or I know the series well enough that I know where to look if I'm short on ideas so I just convert the whole epiosdes and pick my clips from the editor.

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Re: Your scene selection process for full series ?

Post by TnAdct1 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:36 pm

In terms of how I handled footage for my recent video, I actually mixed it up a bit. As I started working on the video, depending on the show I was using, the source footage that I was using can be anywhere from an "act" from an episode all the way to the whole episode itself. As work progressed on the video, I eventually started to save room on the hard drive that I was storing my clips on by using an AVI trimmer to cut the footage down to clips that I wanted to use in the video (although I still save the whole episode on a separate hard drive so that way I have it ready when searching for another clip).

Return to “General AMV”