Tips for inspiration

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:04 am

I'd procrastinate, but I'd rather just leave that till later and do something else in the meantime... :lol:

I get mad, I eat some junk food, i pull my hair in frustration, think "fuck it" watch Excel Saga, laugh my ass off, get back to the editing and FORCE new ideas into existence, again and again till I find one that fits. Then I have a shitty time trying to figure out if the whole video works. Seeing as I havn't created a video anywhere near as good as one from Abaddon Studios or one of SpPanda's (but I've easily kicked NDW's ass, from here to mars and back again) the short answer to the video working as a good AMV would be "No, but..." and the long answer would be "Yes, If...."

This isn't helped along by the fact that I have Chronic Anime Music Video Creators Block, and actually posted a subject like this a little while ago (i believe [correct me if i'm wrong] i actually gave birth to the term) so....
It's not fair, it's not fair...... :cry:

Okami Productions
Org Profile

Post by Okami Productions » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:26 am

Its funny but I seem to get my ideas after sex. For some strange reason thats when I get my best ideas. Usually when when my girlfriends and I have sex we usually listen to music and most of the time cool music pops up. Also whenever I am driving for hours and am almost in a trance like state I come up with some pretty cool ideas. Actually thats how I came up with my newest project. ^-^

SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:29 am

Sex is good.
Boobs are good.
Nuff said.

Stoic
Org Profile

Post by Stoic » Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:58 pm

Head down town.

I watch people while walking around, or sometimes I ride the bus to the end of the line and back... You'll be surprised at the shit you can think of while watching some stupid ass people...

It's given me so many Ideas I'm depressed I don't have time to carry any of them out.
"More than hundred fucking takes." - Jackie Chan.
Murphy's Law of Combat Number 6:
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
My Profile::Your Profile

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:09 am

to each his own.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

Sushi2
Org Profile

Post by Sushi2 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:07 pm

Listen to music!

Some ideas just pops into my head that way, espeacially if you listen to 10 or 11 songs over and over...over and over...well you get the idea, which I have gotton two great ideas from. :lol:

Unfortunately I don't have no where near enough anime footage to do it.....which is a shame as the both seem unique with an original concept and an artist no ones used before.... :cry:

Oh well I'll have to wait about 2 years to buy enough anime...or hopefully find another anime fan who has loads of DVDs...but I don't think that going to happen.

Another thing to do is to watch an anime (usually ones you have already seen) and just keep an eye out for constant themes or images, taht I usually stupidly miss the first time round. Then just step back, and think about the anime for a couple of days at the back of your mind.

I usually end up thinking, wow I can't believe I never realised certain themes or the importance of certain scenes/characters/locations. Then think about them for a couple of days and an idea for an AMV slowy develops from a general idea -> introduction -> ending then how the middle will work out. Though I usually have a very hard time finding music to work with the concepts that I want to portray.

silver_moon idea is great too!

Sushi2
Org Profile

Post by Sushi2 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:14 pm

Or to pass the time until you get an idea..........

You can get two monkeys, teach one monkey martial arts and turn it into a Ninja Monkey, and the other to use laser guns and have protective gear on and call it Sci-Fi Monkey.

Then place them both in a multi story building and let them fight to death.

The Ninja Monkey can use stealth and get a headstart in the building to hide in the shadows.

You can turn it into a huge event and take bets.

By the time that is all done and Ninja Monkey and Sci-Fi Monkey have fought to the death, you should of gotten at least 10 ideas to use.

If not....you would of at least organised one of the greatest events in history!

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:29 pm

Ten bucks on Ninja Monkey.

As for the topic, I already have too many ideas. (not that they're any good :P)
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:34 pm

I talk to other amv creators about semi-ideas and somewhere down the line things form into great ideas.

Most of my ideas for this year were formed from bouncing ideas off other creators.

Dugan
Org Profile

Post by Dugan » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:45 pm

I watch anime with the sound off. That way I can fill in the soundtrack or score in my head.

Return to “General AMV”