Your most viewed video

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Your most viewed video

Post by Sephirothskr » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:29 pm

Views don't mean shit, we all know that. But I'm just curious as to what the general public thinks your 'best' video is according to youtube views.

Mine would be 'Call your name' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ9kKyo40PY sitting at around 544,131 views. Hell, I get giddy when my video gets over two hundred views.. That video (Which sucks.) surprised me when it got that many, I guess I got the hype train. So what's your most 'popular' video?

James Blond
Org Profile

Re: Your most viewed video

Post by James Blond » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:22 pm

Currently? This video. 6,000+ views is a LOT for me.
Someone posted it to AMVNews, and the view count spiked up shortly afterwards. |:>

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:45 pm

I'm watching this now and I can't believe how bad it is in so many, oh so many different ways. I've no idea why any anyone is watching it or how they found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auxEZF7mkFI

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:07 pm

Haha... I have 4 popular ones. One had 60 k views.. but it got taken down. Then there's the one I posted above, then another attack on titan video at about 20 k+, and another one (Higurashi) at 20 k. And then every good video I've ever made has literally like 100 views. :(

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:30 pm

this stupid thing

someone make the madness stop
Image ImageImage

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:56 pm

Surprisingly it's my first Persona 4 video, though that's only going through my newer YT account.

If I'm reading things right, in the past month it's been watched by people for a total of 5,423 minutes. Three days and eighteen hours of that AMV. Pretty crazy to think about.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:00 am

The answer changes depending on if it's here, AMVnews, or Youtube.....and if it's the latter, whether or not it's on my channel. D:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:36 am

My Fairytale of Lies has a little over 800k on some other dude's channel that pitched the audio :\

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:42 am

My PMVs were the most viewed videos on my YouTube, but screw that noise! They will never see the light of day again.

My most viewed (and most rated) non-mlp video is Notfrozen with 1,934 views and 86 ratings.

MatthewRoy
Org Profile

Post by MatthewRoy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:09 am

I have one video at 110k and growing, it's not bad but you can clearly see it's a work of a newbie. It baffles me that this video ends up having 10 times the views of some high quality videos just because they are lost in the search results. Sometimes I struggle to even find the original videos uploaded by the editor on their personal account because they are not the first results even if I make the "Name of the amv + name of the editor" kind of search.

to me when it comes down to views on youtube it's all about:
- Using popular sources
- Pick the right words to put in the title, make a good thumbnail
- being one of the first making an amv on a show that just came out, so that your video will start on the first page of google/yt searches and it will likely stay there for the rest of time

You have editors who get videos to be viral just by people sharing them (comedy videos in particular). But overall I don't feel like an high amount of views says anything about the quality of the video (and the average youtube user doesn't have high standards of quality anyway)
Imho a good method to pick your best video would be by making a viewers/likes ratio. I have seen some videos having a ratio close to one like every 20/30 viewers.. that to me is much more impressive than having 1 billion views. But I understand that the raw viewer count is much more sexy to look at XD

Return to “General AMV”